We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

I'm amazed the shed is still going strong :lol:

I think it's time I added to this thread, pls hold

--- Post Updated ---

So the neighbour kindly decided to saw his house or something and covered my car in dust, but I can't be bothered to go wash it again for photos :lol:

XMmZCDa.jpg

4PwECU2.jpg

WXOHEtu.jpg

wx59ziQ.jpg

Most recent purchases have been some new light bulbs, a service, new wheel trims, wind deflectors, and this awesome bluetooth FM transmitter:

TaQapjP.jpg

MOT next Saturday, can't wait, I'm going stir crazy.

The Subaru suffered a major breakdown three weeks ago. But it's alive again. A wishbone and a spring broke and while at it the front brakes are completely renewed as well. Next up is a trip to the Eifel and the nurburgring and after that to Switzerland

Photo from my test drive when it was back in shape

[ATTACH]29592[/ATTACH]

Nice wee runabout that mate, good mileage for the year too. (I'm estimating with it being a 206) Those are quite fun to drive and very flingable! :p

Yeah she's really clean, hard to believe it's almost 15 years old (2003). Much nicer to drive than the 09 Corsa I learned in, that thing was numbbbb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@mau92 Fun little motor those. You enjoying it?

It's the NA 1.6L (We don't have the 1.0L EcoBoost in Argentina), even though it has 120hp the car is a bit heavy and feels a bit like a pig, but it'll make the tyres squeak when shifting to second gear. Still it's a fun car to drive and it doesn't use a lot of gas (I usually do 520km on one tank on city driving) so I guess it's okay.

It's the NA 1.6L (We don't have the 1.0L EcoBoost in Argentina), even though it has 120hp the car is a bit heavy and feels a bit like a pig, but it'll make the tyres squeak when shifting to second gear. Still it's a fun car to drive and it doesn't use a lot of gas (I usually do 520km on one tank on city driving) so I guess it's okay.

I think the Fiesta I learned to drive in had that NA 1.6L engine, can't fully remember as it was 6-7 years ago. Definitely a fun car to drive, that's pretty impressive MPG too :)

I think the Fiesta I learned to drive in had that NA 1.6L engine, can't fully remember as it was 6-7 years ago. Definitely a fun car to drive, that's pretty impressive MPG too :)

Yeah it's definitely a fun car to drive, but as I said a couple more HP wouldn't do any harm. I'm not to keen on modifying a car like modifying the ECU and such, after all, the cars are engineered to withstand what they have been designed for, else it will reduce some components lifespan and affect reliability (And I use the car a lot, I drive almost 70km daily and I wouldn't like to be left stranded).

The Miata ready for the drive to school. Foggy morning made for some nice light rays out in the pasture, and covered the Miata in a fine mist. Had to take out the alternator and replace it a few days beforehand, and I was stuck driving my sister's Mercury sedan for a couple of days. This came to be probably the most beautiful drive I've had, the fog having a huge effect on that.

[ATTACH]29944[/ATTACH]

Well look what the cat dragged in (Spoiler, it's me)

I finally got bored of 2 wheels and bought a car! I also started as I meant to carry on by buying something with a big engine, a turbocharged and RWD...

Oh... Well then...

[ATTACH]29949[/ATTACH]

Jokes aside, I love my big floaty turbobrick, and getting it sideways is so fun/wrong/hilarious that it almost justifies the abysmal economy

Having been 'mothballed' back in December, I finally got the old girl back...

[ATTACH]29968[/ATTACH]

Connected the battery, let it sit for 5 minuets then fired her up. Not bad considering it's sat in a barn for 9 months. (I can sell it as a barn find?).

Treated he to a full tank of Shell V-Power and been fine, but she'll be playing second fiddle to the Abarth. Forgot how much I loved it's smooth ride and V8 burble.

On another note, this is the first year since 2011 that I've not bought a car! :O

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.