We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

image.php?album_id=143&image_id=3304&mode=thumbnail

Since the previous car gave too many issues in 11 months I got rid of it and traded it for an older one. Picture is roughly a month old now *taken short after purchase*, my third car and the second one of this type I owned. I like it, it drives well, feels well, handles better and is a ''special edition'' they made in the last year.

Tada!

0FZuPLBl.jpg

EWR8NHVl.jpg

jzb1N7Bl.jpg

idaE6Vdl.jpg

rPsBx9fl.jpg

m8RsP4Hl.jpg

Two growling poo shoots.

ZbcRyfWl.jpg

PvsKwgRl.jpg

The rear boot is actually much bigger than it looks on this. Easily fit 8 or so full bags of shopping in(does get hot though so no frozen food as I found out the hard way) and then you can fit a few under the bonnet at the front too.

8MQmIg7l.jpg

RVPstKAl.jpg

It's an amazing car to drive when it's dry. There's just so much grip even with the crappy Chinese tyres on it. No understeer at all and the back end stays planted unless I do something really stupid.

In the wet it's a completely different animal, it'll kick it's arse out every chance it gets. And while it's incredibly fun to do that coming off a roundabout or pulling out of a junction it's not exactly safe or what I want from a daily driver. So fairly soon I'm ordering some Toyo tyres which are apparently some of the best handling tyres for this car.

It's also surprisingly good as a daily driver for work, shopping and being a taxi. Driven it for hours none stop and the only thing that ached was my clutch ankle because I've not driven a manual for a while.

Not done too well to say I wanted a cheap, practical car that I wouldn't want to spend any money on... New tyres, ECU remap, washer jets, aux cable for the head unit, ODBII cable to plug my laptop into it, another aux power plug, new MG badges, autoglym stuff, and a bit more. :lol: Wouldn't mind upgrading the intake/exhaust system one day either. :)

I love my Levin to pieces, but I do not want to part with my Seca... I'm keeping it, for now- its not up for sale or anything at the moment, but it will be, in due time... Washed it, cleaned the interior, cleaned the windows inside and out this afternoon. Fell in love with it all over again. Going to cry the day it goes...

10306534016_7a242be2b6_b.jpg

10306516025_81a8f96f64_b.jpg

10306515195_c4a896688b_b.jpg

10306514775_70305ac26f_b.jpg

Edit: Nice Legacy metalshredder, nice MG Camel!

Is that an original or a new one since they've been taken over by the Chinese? :hmmm:

I know Camel answered for his, but for the record the Chinese owned longbridge made TF's were from 2007 - 2012(MG/R made ones ended in 2005/6)...but production was a start stop effort and build quality is anything from great to dire. :lol:

-

What your saying about the TF sum's in most of what I found when driving the MGF, cracker of a car, a dap of oppo was order of the day if you wanted. The cockpit of the F was a case of "what Rover did this part come off of",the heater controls, as well as other parts fit in my Honda because of that!) but worked well. For what is really a Rover Metro facing the wrong way...there a good un!

For the new badge, going for the correct period MG/R one, or thinking of one from chinese owned TF's??

Kinda makes me I held out and got a F/TF, but I'll have space at the house soon enough for one.

Inb4 Calster

I don't get it? ;)

Cheers mate :) been unlicensed since February (got it back in August, for the whole of August, then it got taken off me again til the end of November because of a demerit point technicality), which is why I havent posted about it. It has to go at some stage though, my Levin will replace it- which is AWESOME, but i'm so attached to my boring slow seca :( - your Civic is looking excellent :)

I've got the same issue with not wanting to part with my 306, because I hate the thought of it going to some little so-and-so who will no doubt rag it to death in no time, but unfortunately that is the type the buyer the car attracts now. If I had the space to keep it, I'd never sell it when I bought a new car. The rattles annoy me endlessly and the odd blemish on the outside annoys me as well, but fundamentally it's a solid car that has never let me down. If it wasn't for me being picky and wanting to replace parts it probably wouldn't have needed much money spending on it compared to all the other cars in the family. In fact if I could fit a BMW 3 litre diesel in the engine bay I'd probably do that :p