We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Idea: Support TDUC and Win?

Eudemon

This is an idea we have been thinking of for a while and we want to get your views on it. All who have been with us from the start and even before that know that we at TDUC want to make our community unlike your typical community. We already do that with the insanity and fun and games but one thing we've always said we wanted to do is give back to you guys. At these tough economic times this is really difficult but what we would like to suggest to you guys is this.

You all know and see the Support Us bar up top and you know over the last few months this has been scraping the bottom which is no bad thing and of course, we're still here so we can survive the costs but we can't give anything back which is not what we want to do.

So here's our suggestion (as if you can't guess from the title):

Note: This is merely a proposal right now being used to gauge reaction.

*\begin

Example: During July and August 2009, those who donate $10 or more will be entered into a draw to win a brand new Logitech G25. It's on it's way to us now and we've checked postage costs to most of the world, but if it came to it we could sell it and send the winner the money or buy it from a store/website in their region, whatever is easier for the lucky winner.

The lucky winner would be randomly drawn at the end of the entry period and their details posted to show they are the prize winner.

*\end

Of course some formalities would have to be worked out but if you guys are for it then so are we.

Opinions are welcome, thanks!

TDU Central Staff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a very good Idea, Diab. Although knowing us brits, we'd only donate on the things we'd want :P

I think that should go ahead though. Buy something cheap to start off with (for example - A video game) Just to see whether people donate more. I think it'd be the end of TDU:C if you bought G25's every month :)

My 2 cents

Very Good Idea, Ill Defo Donate And I Think It Will Encourage A Lot Of New Supporters....

However Im With DangerSponge Maybe You Should Start A Little Lower Than A G25 You Dont Wanna Start With Amazing Give-aways Then Watch Them Get Less And Less...

This is the feeling I'm getting from people at the moment, giving away stuff is a good idea but maybe start with something smaller and buildup with time.

So what do you think would be good to giveaway, model cars, games, crazy stuff etc..?

This is the feeling I'm getting from people at the moment, giving away stuff is a good idea but maybe start with something smaller and buildup with time.

So what do you think would be good to giveaway, model cars, games, crazy stuff etc..?

T-shirts?

Yeah! I'd be happy with a TDU:C T-shirt.

Perhaps alternate it every month? Like Models/T-shirts/gift vouchers, so on and so forth.

With games though, (as my suggestion...) people may complain that they wanted it for PC/Xbox/PS3 etc.

The Games Sound Like A Great Idea But only Give Away Games That Are Out On All Platforms, And Give The Winner The Choice.

:thumbsup:

Yeah! I'd be happy with a TDU:C T-shirt.

Perhaps alternate it every month? Like Models/T-shirts/gift vouchers, so on and so forth.

With games though, (as my suggestion...) people may complain that they wanted it for PC/Xbox/PS3 etc.

T-Shirts Sound Like A Great Idea And Maybe Give More Than One Out Per Month So We Can Get Our Supporters Spreading The Word ;)

...and then a bigger prize every 6 months for people who donated over a certain amount in that given period.

Sounds Like A Good Idea, Will Make Already Supports Continue To Donate To The Site Rather Than Just Once.

:thumbsup:

I like it, start small, maybe i-tunes vouchers and the like, then move to games, latest all platforms release, model cars with a tduc numberplate, sure they cost more to buy, but unique, and a t-shirt with every prize. Then twice a year it's a big money item, we add all the donators including the ones from that month in too a prize draw for the big money item as well as giving one from the month of the big money draw a smaller prize, so technically two prize draws in the one month.

Good Idea, suggested it a few times, I think do small stuff each month.Then at xmas and TDUc birthday month have bigger prizes.

I don't think the idea of mellors about who donates more should be entered for bigger prizes as that is unfair for people who simply can't give alot. Also on birthday and xmas months do a small comp for non supporters so they are not left out.

I don't think the idea of mellors about who donates more should be entered for bigger prizes as that is unfair for people who simply can't give alot. Also on birthday and xmas months do a small comp for non supporters so they are not left out.

By your saying, people who donate $1 should be entered for a big prize?

I didn't mean it had to be a lot for the bi-yearly draw, maybe $30 over 6 months or something like that. I see it as being unfair that the people that donate more stand a lesser chance of winning something. Each to their own though. :)

A small prize draw for non supporters would be good, but hard to do as there are so many members and a large portion are somewhat inactive.

Good Idea, suggested it a few times
Umm it's always been the plan for here so this isn't something I've just recently considered.

And of course if the giveaways with Supporters take off then extra revenue should hopefully allow giveaways for all active members, keyword their active, ie; no 0 posters, no one timers, no post and runners, no been gone for months on end etc. This criteria would be set ahead of time though to make it clear.

Still looking for more of your views on this guys so get 'em in! :D

PS Mellors to be entered in the draw there would be a minimum amount of Support required. Like the very first example says. :)

Sounds like a good idea although im not 100% keen on the T-shirts for a couple of reasons.

1. Sizes, people can never seem to get their sizes right when ordering over the net & would most likely complain if their shirts were the wrong size, color etc.

2. Do we really want T-shirts advertising TDU-C? Nothing against TDU-C or anything but come on it's a fansite devoted to a game & the only people that would likely even know what TDU-C stood for would be the people wearing it.

i personally like the the Idea for 1 BIG prize like the G25 over several smaller prizes or craptastic things like T-shirts etc.