We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Grin116: Lamborghini Diablo SV

Grin116

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I've been waiting for this ever since you've put up your first import pictures! This is increadible!!!!!!!!! :D

Gonna try it on the Farboud.

Edit: I tried it, and is this a final release or a beta? I hope its a beta, since it has too many bugs, its still good though, but are you gonna improve the quality of the overall model?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait for the Final Ver. some day ;}

Hey Grin, :woot: Looks Very Sweet...Im Going give her a Whirl, It Reminds me of of my NFS`3 Days, how i Loved that Car! waay back then. And also it would make a nice :birthday: Gift for me this monday, but i got it earlyer. THX PaL :D

There are some bugs that I found, which I hope will get fixed in a possible version 1.1

Exterior:

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/FlameWolf82/20090705091913.jpg?t=1246776126

Smoothness:

Look closely at the right part of the hood, it doesn't match with the left part, it should all be the same. and the right part has some weird zig-zag.

Around the lights it looks like its been damaged, its not as smooth as the real thing.

Other:

Missing Lamborghini Logo's

Improve overall quality

Interior:

No good camera view.(I also tried loads of Camera swaps)

Seat/Hand Positions (Tried lots of IK swaps)

Gear Shift Position(I put it on the TVR Tuscan)

Maybe turn the Interior colour from Blue to Grey/Black, would make it look better

There are no Roof Panels

I'm a huge Diablo fan and I really like this car, I just want it to be perfect :)

Smoothness:

Look closely at the left part of the hood, it doesn't match with the right part, it should all be the same.

Around the lights it looks like its pushed in, its not as smooth as the real thing.

He did already say it was low poly and the interior is not the best either, something along those lines. :)

But the weird thing is about the hood, that the left half is perfect, while the right has a weird zig-zag on it. couldn't that be fixed?

Zig-Zag is a poly, i think if it was smoothed it would cause more bugs. Sometimes that happens though rarely but it happens.

The way i see it your just gonna have to deal with it really. Unless Grin can smooth it without other things going wrong.:)

Hey man..

Exualy i don't want to say it..

but i do.

I have it in game now and i don't thinks its realy nice.

I Expected more of this.

Sorry..

The interiour isn't Nice I don't know why?

The exteriour isn't nice I don't know why?

I could be from my Computer..

I'm sorry..

Hopefully There will be a New version

E : One thing, On the pictures it looks Damn awsome!!

That the biggest suprice for me so far sinces there addon cars come along. I''m a Diablo fan probally, sinces I got 4 Diablo models along my room. I guess like the screeny above shows it there a bounce of normal problems everywhere, where doorlines are. In ligthwave I would know how I could fix those but that more then 6 coners away from TDU. I think this is nice to have until somebody can offer us a Diablo based on a higher quality model with maybe a nice dash. So thanks Grin to suprice my day this nicely, althougth its not perfect. (Still far better as I could do)

Smoothness:

Look closely at the right part of the hood, it doesn't match with the left part, it should all be the same. and the right part has some weird zig-zag.

Around the lights it looks like its been damaged, its not as smooth as the real thing.

I've got the model in 3dsMax right now and I can tell you exactly what's causing the problems.

The zigzag you're looking at is caused by unwelded vertices down the middle of the hood.

And the rest of the exterior problems (all those unnaturally dark areas you see around edges) are caused by extremely bad smoothing groups, whoever set the groups never realized that you're not supposed to smooth around 90 degree corners....

Plus there's flipped polys all over in random places, whoever made the model did some parts really low poly and other parts really high poly, and some places are really messy.

The exterior body is literally cut in half, and the top half has parts of the lower half and vice versa.

And the shadow is from the Countach, and the low-poly distance model is from the Murc Spyder.

When you look at the unsmoothed model, it's actually pretty decent quality and if all the bugs were fixed it would look really good ingame, but right now, the smoothing groups kinda ruin it.

If Grin wants, I can rework the smoothing groups completely and send him the results, but it would take a few days to get it all done right. I might even be able to do a proper shadow model and distance model, duplicating parts is easy in Max.

I haven't really tried any camera or IK swaps yet, I wanted to find a manual shift car to put it on first, and all the Lambos in the game are flappy paddles.

Hopefully DJey finds a way to swap the shifting animations one of these days.

TVR Tuscan :) 5 Gear stick shift, pretty much same performance.

..... If Grin wants, I can rework the smoothing groups completely and send him the results, but it would take a few days to get it all done right. I might even be able to do a proper shadow model and distance model, duplicating parts is easy in Max.

This dark bugs with hood apear when im scale model in zmodeler...

So....you see how made this 3D model :( (some part flipedout, some not) try to rework smoothing groups... & about duplicating part... if create copy of the parts of diablo, this model dont fit to 3.0 mb in BNK file (game will crash):(

...and last thing. If someone know where get photos of diablo interior, plz post here website link with pics of interior

tnx;)

I put this car on the Noble M14, not the fastest car around but it works for me. Probably won't be driving this car too much either so... But it's good to have just in case.

And if you could atleast make the dashboard black it would help the interior A LOT.