We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

Nodz86

Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.

Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.

The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:

• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good
  • This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
  • Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.
  • While both box LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you if you are accepted. Also, I’ll be sure to updated/edit if the program fills up.

Good luck!

Source: Major Nelson

Preview Program Emails are being sent out

We’re in the process of sending notification emails out to the first group of people for the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. Please check your email (and spam folder…just in case) to see if you were selected. If we stay on schedule, those selected should receive a prompt to accept the update later today/tonight.

We’ll be sending another wave of notifications later this week, but we are holding registration open a bit longer to make sure everyone has a chance to participate. If you signed up but did not receive a mail yet, please head over to the connect site and review your information to make sure it is correct. I am being told that there are quite a few people did not properly complete the survey. If this is the first you are reading about the Preview Program, go ahead and sign up and you may be chosen to participate before the update is released on August 11th.

Update: Sign in to the connect site to see if you are accepted, since many of you did not opt-in to allow us to send you emails, or your email was not properly record in the system.

The update was available at about 11am today. I got into it.

It's not all that good. It made my Xbox freeze even more but I do like the achievement browser and big gold number on my gamertag showing how many years I've been a gold member.

The new clothes and props can only be seen by other Beta users, even on the website everyone else just see's your normal avatar.. yet oddly MyGamerCard.net see's the beta stuff as you can see in my sig.. odd.

EDIT: My sig doesn't load.. guess that'll be because of the Beta stuff.

Preview Program Update

Waves 1 and 2 of the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program have been pushed out and we have seen quite a few Xbox LIVE members already download and start checking out all the new features in this update. We are collecting the necessary information for another Wave, so please hang tight if you have been accepted but have not received your update yet. A fair number of you have not provided accurate information (like an invalid console ID or serial number) so if you previously signed up, and have not received the update, you may want to visit connect and confirm your information.

If you haven’t signed up yet, you are still in luck – we are is still taking additional signups. You can do read more about the program on my blog, or on Xbox.com. If you want to get some of your friends to try the new Netflix party mode, get then to sign up and you can try it out together!

Preview Program Wave 3 has begun (and an update for 1st an 2nd wave)

The great thing about our Xbox LIVE previews is the people who participate in them - you. Thanks for all your feedback. Based on your suggestions, today we'll be sending out a fix to some of the items you pointed out in the first and second waves of the preview. The third wave of the preview starts today. You'll be seeing a prompt for another update this afternoon . Keep the feedback coming Not in it yet ? What are you waiting for? Sign up now.

Yea I got the update this morning at about 01.30. Hopefully it will have fixed the annoying glitch where the beep to indicate you leaving a party was coming through the headset instead of the speakers.

Also the whole Beta thing seems to be confusing MGC no end, it seems to think I have privacy settings on my played games, which I don't.

7 Games on Demand games appeared today... they're all priced at £19.99

• Assassins Creed
  • Mass Effect
  • Oblivion
  • COD2
  • NFS:Carbon
  • Lego Starwars: TCS
  • Viva Pinata

Cost alot more than I'm willing to pay. I can get them shipped from the UK and still save nearly a tenner.