We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are you watching?

The Queen

• 1 month later...

Just got back from seeing Baby Driver in the cinema.

One of the best films I've seen in 2017 :hmmm: I wouldn't give it a 10/10 as Jamie Foxx gets annoying after 0.1 seconds as he just plays that obnoxious character he only knows how to play, which turns out to be how he is in person too, not exactly 'acting'.

Watched Gravity yesterday evening. After all the fanfare about it at the Oscars a few years ago it has been one I've been wanting to see and it didn't disappoint. I liked how it started off nice and slow, then gave a glimpse at what to come only to then jump to 160 before you knew it.

The trials and scenarios they were put through were believable and I can see why it won awards for its visual effects. Enjoyed the writing, and the acting which made you feel for the characters and what they were going through.

Recommend catching it if you haven't already as it looks like it's at that time where it should be becoming available on normal media all around.

Oh good, that's the one with Sandra B right? I thought it was supposed to be very good but then some downplayed it a bit and so I never got around to it. Will have to add it to my watch list. I'll also have to create a watch list. :)

letterboxd.com is good for that :btup

Went to Fast and Furious as it was a tradition of some sorts for me and my friends, but after the 7th one we gave up.

The fifth one was okay, but more as a heist movie than a Fast and Furious, the sixth and seventh ugh, the 8th wasn't as bad, but nothing memorable, not even a joke or something.

Wish they'd make something like Tokyo Drift again

Just watched Logan, it was so good

Awesome flim that. Hurts to see a film with Robin Williams in it, guy had so much range that he could take any part and make it into something spectacular. The one's where he is the villain show this off best as it doesn't take long for you to forget that it is him and are wanting his character to get its comeuppance