We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G27

ScaR

Maybe. I guess if you used 3 & 4 for up and down but would have to reconfigure whenever using it.

Not quite a good solution. When u put it on 3rd gear it stays there till u change it again. Sequential shifter automatically goes back to neutral and ready for the next shift.

The only occasion I use seq mode for stick shifter is any kind of rallying and sometimes circuit racing. If I play only TDU with it I would be perfectly happy with H shifter and the paddles, but rallying is hard and annoying with either of them.

Not quite a good solution. When u put it on 3rd gear it stays there till u change it again. Sequential shifter automatically goes back to neutral and ready for the next shift.

The only occasion I use seq mode for stick shifter is any kind of rallying and sometimes circuit racing. If I play only TDU with it I would be perfectly happy with shifter and the paddles, but rallying is hard and annoying with either of them.

Excellent point. I forgot that.

Also Cakeflour, Decent review here.

Well I for one won't be buying the G27. I am perfectly happy with the G25. Got it brand new for $265 shipped in versus $299 + tax for this new G27.

Taking away sequential shifter after having it on the 25 is sad. I use seq. shifting in rally & NFS games that don't support H-pattern and enjoy it.

I bought my 25 late so I got the shifter that does not make clicking noises when shifting.

I bought a brand new backup shifter (clicker version) from eBay just in case mine breaks down.

Got it for under $50. I could easily open the extra shifter and do the mods to make it have more resistance and quiet, to feel more realistic and not void warranty on my original set.

If your warranty is out on your G25 you could easily drill the pedal holders for the same optimal placement of the pedals as the G27. When I first got my wheel I thought the same as many did, not enough buttons on the wheel itself, but learned to adjust to the shifter buttons.

I could care less about the improved gears on the motors, as my volume is up so high I cannot hear them anyway.

I agree with the reviewers in the YouTube video.

If you already own a G25 don't run out and get this, but if you don't have a G25 and are in the market for one get the G27.

Unless you have lots of disposible income and just have to have the latest greatest!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if certain components are interchangeable. i.e. using G27 wheel with G25 shifter, G25 wheel & shifter with G27 pedals, etc. Because if they are then I would start looking for just a G27 wheel, because I like to keep my hands on the wheel for most things, rather than taking my hand off of the wheel and then having to search for the correct button on the shifter while keeping my eyes on what is ahead of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a better steering wheels, good circulatr center detail that looks like a racing steering wheel, but i think triangle buttons is a bit ugly, and i can't see the shifting pads, i can't analyse...

Pedals and shifter are the same, almost, i mean, no shift mode key/sequential change.

Take a look here, is a kind of MOD. Some pics you can see the "inside" gear...

http://www.jlvrh.de/JL_Wheel.htm

#EDIT:

There is a brasilian site that did a comparision between them side by side...

http://www.forcefeedback.com.br/?cat=100

Translated to English:

http://br.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forcefeedback.com.br%2F%3Fcat%3D100&lp=pt_en&btnTrUrl=Traduzir

• 2 months later...
Well I for one won't be buying the G27. I am perfectly happy with the G25. Got it brand new for $265 shipped in versus $299 + tax for this new G27.

Taking away sequential shifter after having it on the 25 is sad. I use seq. shifting in rally & NFS games that don't support H-pattern and enjoy it.

I bought my 25 late so I got the shifter that does not make clicking noises when shifting.

I bought a brand new backup shifter (clicker version) from eBay just in case mine breaks down.

Got it for under $50. I could easily open the extra shifter and do the mods to make it have more resistance and quiet, to feel more realistic and not void warranty on my original set.

If your warranty is out on your G25 you could easily drill the pedal holders for the same optimal placement of the pedals as the G27. When I first got my wheel I thought the same as many did, not enough buttons on the wheel itself, but learned to adjust to the shifter buttons.

I could care less about the improved gears on the motors, as my volume is up so high I cannot hear them anyway.

I agree with the reviewers in the YouTube video.

If you already own a G25 don't run out and get this, but if you don't have a G25 and are in the market for one get the G27.

Unless you have lots of disposible income and just have to have the latest greatest!

Really? the G25 that came out recently don't have the clicking noise in the shifter? Does that mean it's more sturdy ?

In that case, it's great !!

I don't own either the g25 or g27, so I'm a bit confused.

And I also notice you can buy a replacement shifter module from eBay.

That's awesome too, but the clicking noise is still there as you mentioned. And I'm worried about modding the shifter since there's a risk that you can break it if you're not careful.

Heeheehee, the "clicjk".

I remember so mamy wanting to get rid of it (The no click mod), yet myself, I liked it. Some in the comunity wonder if the lack of sequential may somehow make the shifter last longer. IE: loss of reverse.

It's a common fault with the G-25. Mine lost reverse less then a week after I got it. I "solved" it by getting an SST shifter but I also had already known it would happen eventually.

It'll be interesting as time goes on to see if this was solved.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting here with my brand new G27 and been playing rFactor, LFS, GRID, Race On on it so far and i can say it is awesome! i am impressed. It is really great!:excited:

But then comes the let down... G27's Force Feedback does not work in TDU at all, not even a slight ripple in the wheel. I was trying to find solutions to it and i just found one way and that is to play TDU offline with the game unpatched.

TDU unpatched 1.45a then the force feedback works. patched to 1.66a which it must be to play online, then force feedback suddenly stops working. I have no clue why but it seems i am not alone with this problem, and i have not had contact with any other G27 owners that said otherwise.

If this is Logitech's fault or Atari/Eden i can't say but i find it weird that it works unpatched, but not patched. if there is a problem in the Logitech Profiler then maybe there is a slight chance it will get fixed in a update but if there is a bug in TDU i don't have much hope of it getting fixed.

Oh well, TDU 2 is on it's way anway, i hope :cool:

But in other games like LFS it is just an amazing wheel to drive with. i wouldn't say it's any points for a current G25 owner to go out and pay up for a new G27 unless you A) broken your G25 shifter and was planning on getting one anyway. B) Just want 4 extra buttons on the wheel and slightly better pedals :)

I can't make a good comparison though cause my previous wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force. The biggest difference compared to the G25 is the heli cut gears that makes the G27 really quiet. i play without headset and i barely hear the wheel. the loss of the sequential shifter on the G27 is nothing i will ever miss. Always use the paddles anyway for sequential.

And lastly a warning for G25 owners, that plan on getting a G27 and think they can use the G25 shifter. DO NOT plug the G25 shifter into the G27 wheel. the shifter will fry according to InsideSimRacing.tv

• 3 weeks later...