We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modders please read!

ExoticDrifter

Hey everyone, about the modding tools, during the process of installing the mod, i found that Djey has the Mod and Play programme, can all u modders please do that for us? its hard for some of us, including me to install the mods. so can u put the mod as the Mod and Play type of instalation? Thnx if you could!

Regards,

ExoticDrifter

Hi,

things may change in following weeks. As Tool has just used ModAndPlay for one of his mods; in addition 2CVSUPERGT will provide a user guide about it.

So let's hope it will be used more and more :)

Anyway, you can install modding parts with Modding Tools>Vehicle Manager, as well.

I would be very happy if there will always the ability be to install the mods manual. This whole patch programm process kind of takes all control away and puts you on the "take as it is, or don't" case. I mean for example what if I want to install a centrain mod on a diffrent car rigth away (I just say body swaping), as long as there still a chance to access the files manual its no problem. But when all goes into one swifty exe file it wont be any longer possible. And on top of that, what so difficult to rename a few files and move them to centrain directorys in TDU??

I'm not a "modder" per se, at the same level as Tool or big-t or T3hReaper (I have done occasional small gauge, sound, and texture mods), but personally I don't see the major usefulness in the patch method unless you are installing large quantities of files at once in a prearranged fashion or doing something similar.

Then again, it would be useful for anyone who hasn't installed mods before, but it is also beneficial in the long run to learn to install them manually. This is especially true because you can actually put them over whichever car you want.

(Anyway, if modders made mods patch-only, I would probably end up "patching" it to an empty, non-TDU-directory folder and installing it manually anyway :P )

Future mods will have more and more physics updates. I don't think you'll appreciate to apply them manually.... it's not just a matter of file copy-paste :lol:

And just be patient, the installer will allow body-swap later. As it's obvious there's no room for all mods here (even for the most beautiful ones).

When it will stay as it is I'm fine with it, as I still can do my installation manualy without installing the mod to a empty spot first (that would be very annying). And for suprice I wont enjoy it to install random physic changes for now. As HP Grip and Topspeed are locked aprently by the server there not really a benefit of installing physics. In fact you most possibly you could overwrite own database changes by accident for good.

As HP Grip and Topspeed are locked aprently by the server there not really a benefit of installing physics.
I'm surprised you're sayin that .... physics can really make mods with particular behavior and nearer to their IRL counterparts. Without cheating/being kicked froms servers; and you know that as tools tester.

In fact you most possibly you could overwrite own database changes by accident for good.
A clean uninstaller is supported by ModNPlay. And everyone know to make backups, doesn't they ?

maybe you should use latest mods from 2CVSUPERGT (XM - Laguna) to realize how much work has been done, not only on the Modding Tools.