We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help - Uninstall and Install Issue :(

PinchMafew

I've just downloaded the TDU Megapack Add on.. And it seems ive entered the wrong Keys at the start for the game.. Due to this i cant play online :crying: So... I deleted all my Add on's for the megapack.. And it still wont let me play online - Says there is a network problem - So.. The MAIN Question is :

If I UNINSTALL TDU then RE - INSTALL It, Will i lose all the previous data for e.g. Cars, Money.. Etc?

P.S. Ive backed up my save game files but im still having doubts.. So im just double checking on here..

Please Reply :)

:cry:

You did download it legally right?

And there's no need to uninstall the game.

First: Set up your PC so that it will show hidden files and folders. Then go to C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Test Drive Unlimited/ (If you're on XP) or C/Program Data/Test Drive Unlimited (If on Vista). In there should be a text file called addon.txt. Just open that and insert the correct key, that you got in the e-mail when you bought the Megapack. :)

You did download it legally right?

And there's no need to uninstall the game.

First: Set up your PC so that it will show hidden files and folders. Then go to C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Test Drive Unlimited/ (If you're on XP) or C/Program Data/Test Drive Unlimited (If on Vista). In there should be a text file called addon.txt. Just open that and insert the correct key, that you got in the e-mail when you bought the Megapack. :)

I sure did... Thanks for all the info but.. :( Ive just uninstalled it.. Now im in the process of installing it again.. And ive saved my savegame Files D: so if i replace the saved file when i re install the game would that be ok? Then after re-buy! The megapack?:sulk:

Wait, what? I don't think it will even delete your savegames. Unfortunately I don't think it deletes the files I'm talking about either so you may have to do what I said anyways.

On another note, backing up your save game is always good, you never know when you'll need it. ;) Store it somewhere on your hard drive, or on a USB stick. That's what I've done, along with other stuff I don't want to lose if PC crashes. ;)

And make sure you write down the key to your Megapack aswell. As far as I know it's a real hassle to get a new one, if you even can.

Wait, what? I don't think it will even delete your savegames. Unfortunately I don't think it deletes the files I'm talking about either so you may have to do what I said anyways.

On another note, backing up your save game is always good, you never know when you'll need it. ;) Store it somewhere on your hard drive, or on a USB stick. That's what I've done, along with other stuff I don't want to lose if PC crashes. ;)

And make sure you write down the key to your Megapack aswell. As far as I know it's a real hassle to get a new one, if you even can.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:IM SO RELEIVED YOU'VE TOLD ME THIS! Thanks a BUNCH! :D :)

Btw.. Anyway i can Close threads? Like this one?