We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising...

Judasneon

OK OK OK the new Operation Flashpoint came out Friday and yes I ran like mad to go and get it, Installed it and was well away...Saturday night I was in a private server and had a great laugh on comms as well as in game.

Any of you guys that have this and know me add me as a friend?

My name for this game is Judasneon....

Managed to complete 3 missions with a team but the fourth was hard as we hid in the buildings and that was not the objective, we had to defend the town from enemy insertion....

If you like FPS games get this its as good if not better than Arma2...

COD6 next one to come out in November then December its Dirt2

So put ya como's on and add me and we can blow the S*** out of the enemy.

P.S. Just dont ask me to drive anything or fly anything.:thumbsup:

Was also a big fan of the original.

An absolutely vast and epic game. Brilliant AI for its time too.

Dragon rising looks like it could well be a very worthy successor. Will probably get it when I'm done with ODST and FM3 though. Most definitely before MW2 anyway!

Yes I have it on PC and yes its better than OFP 1, The AI is deadly.... 1 or 2 shots and ya history lol.

Graphics are amazing if you have a high end system....Oh yeah I have lol.

Not sure Im aloud to do this so here goes....

Play.com £17.99

Cheapest around.

Nice one. Yeah no problem about saying that. It's where I got mine from as well. ;)

The orignal was my favorite game for ages, loved it, might have to get this one. Though I need to compleate gears 2 first, only been on it for an hour.

Was also a big fan of the original.

An absolutely vast and epic game. Brilliant AI for its time too.

Dragon rising looks like it could well be a very worthy successor. Will probably get it when I'm done with ODST and FM3 though. Most definitely before MW2 anyway!

This game has nothing to do with the original Operation Flashpoint, apart from the name. Operation Flahspoint developers (Bohemia Interactive) lost the name to Codemasters when they split up and have since released two sequels for the game with name ArmA: Armed Assault / Combat Operations and ArmA 2.

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

ArmA: Armed Assault / Combat Operations

ArmA 2

I'm sure it's a great game, but they made a big mistake using Operation Flashpoint name in it, as a lot of fans of the original Operation Flashpoint will be disappointed if they expect the game to be as good as the original Operation Flashpoint was. I guess it'll still bring a lot of money in, using the name of a great game.

@ Osmo:

I have the Original Operation Flashpoint and Arma2 love them both. I think that this game brings something different to the table as the online Co-op is very good and funny at the same time...If you take this game to serious you will be disappointed but as single player it can be completed in 1 day.

It easy in single player as the AI is deadly so there for helps you alot.

Co-op, yes we are human and not as effective all the time as the AI so therefor you die and the team fails alot lol.... you have a team leader and you take orders by what they say?

I have been playing with Comms up so my friends and I have a laugh at the same time calling each other names for dying at the wrong time and stuff, 3rd mission was a giggle took us 8 attempts until we decided to stop hiding in the buildings and defending the village like we was meant to.

I love this game for its fun factor not the real act of war that you get from Arma2....

If you have this game add me as a friend on it and my name there is: Judasneon

This game has nothing to do with the original Operation Flashpoint, apart from the name.

Please don't state your opinion as fact. :confused:

Sure alot has changed since the original game, but codemasters are a very reputable dev'/pub' and I believe have done a pretty decent job.

Its also not a mistake to use the OF name, if anything its a well played marketing tactic. If Codemasters own the rights to it then they can do what they want with the name.

IMO its more of a mistake to let it lye in the pits of time.

Bohemia were at one point supposed to be making the OF sequel but never actually got that far, so well done to the newbies for actually pulling it off.

It's not an opinion, it is a fact. When Bohemia Interactive and Codemasters split up, the right to develop a sequel remained with Bohemia Interactive, while the right to use the the two words "Operation Flashpoint" went with Codemasters. Bohemia Interactive has the exclusive right to develop sequels to the original OFP game, just not use the name.

Sure alot has changed since the original game, but codemasters are a very reputable dev'/pub' and I believe have done a pretty decent job.

I'm sure they made a decent job with the game, and I might had even got the game if they hadn't used the words "Operation Flashpoint" in the name, as if it would have something to do with the game developed by Bohemia Interactive. Now the name just raises expectations of a different type of game,

Its also not a mistake to use the OF name, if anything its a well played marketing tactic. If Codemasters own the rights to it then they can do what they want with the name. IMO its more of a mistake to let it lye in the pits of time.

I think it's a very cheap tactic and will result in a lot of disappointed buyers. Sure they'll earn a lot of money as people remember the original Operation Flashpoint and are fooled to think that this is a sequel to it, but once they find out the truth (i.e. the game is not sequel to OFP and has been developed by completely different team with different goals), and see that it's not a military simulation as the Bohemia Interactive games are, it's not good for Codemasters reputation either.

They should have just named the game into something completely different, and then people would not be expecting Operation Flashpoint military simulation experience, but would be expecting just a general large scale war game as it is.

Bohemia were at one point supposed to be making the OF sequel but never actually got that far, so well done to the newbies for actually pulling it off.

Bohemia Interactive in fact has already made 2 sequels for OFP, they just had to rename them because due to legal issues, the right to use name OFP was kept by Codemasters. They simply decided to call the sequel ArmA instead (and the latest sequel ArmA 2).

Yep :oook:

Bohemia have not created any sequels and cannot either. Just because they've used the same concepts and similar tech, doesn't make the Arma games a sequel to OF.

Thats like saying Call Of Duty is a sequel to Medal Of Honour.