We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

fifomaniak's Sound Recording/Converting Studio

fifomaniak

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to be continually pressured about something.

then what i would do is post a simple notice somewhere (e.g. this thread) saying that i'm taking a break ;)

solves the entire problem

then no-one has to moan

not often i ask these annoying questions anyway since i see them in the vehicle model threads ALL the time and hate them

...i did say sorry at the start :rolleyes:

Guest turbo lag

Fifo do you mind posting a link to your FileFront account so we can download straight off there when/if TDU:C is down? It'll be much easier for me (and probably others) and you'll also get more downloads if anything. Cheers. :)

Alfa Romeo 8C

fifomaniak! Not a question, you are the greatest sound modder of TDU, it's clear. Great job, all your work is quite perfect. Thank you.

Just tell me in a private message or here, do you plan to release an Alfa Romeo 8C one?

best regards. jaddz.

I don't know if anyone of you read even this page of this thread, because fifomaniak already said that he is taking a break for a few months.

If it's blowing air, it must suck it earlier, it doesn't produce it by itself. Anyway, I currently have unninstalled TDU from computer, because I have enough of it for now, must have break. Should be back in few months. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you may know, I'm back for a while. I'm not doing sounds as fast as when I was beggining with modding, because I have not a lot time now and I'm making my mods more perfect now ;) I'm going to redo some sounds that I did before, because they don't sound that good as they could be. At the moment preview movie for new Z06 sound is uploading, hope you'll like it. Cheers :)

PS. I wonder, why my recent Gallardo sound have so little downloads compared to the other sounds? :confused:

Some answers:

Fifo do you mind posting a link to your FileFront account so we can download straight off there when/if TDU:C is down? It'll be much easier for me (and probably others) and you'll also get more downloads if anything. Cheers.

Where do you want me to post it? Of course I can, but you must know that some sounds have the same bnk file name and it can be hard to recognize what is what.

Just tell me in a private message or here, do you plan to release an Alfa Romeo 8C one?

best regards. jaddz.

Maybe later. Much later. My priority are Shift sounds, then some sounds from other game. Only other game that has 8C is Forza, correct me if I'm wrong. So I would have to ask my friend to record some samples from there, and when you're not a sound modder, this is not easy, because you don't know what revs you should record and how. Sadly, I don't have Xbox and I don't have it in plans even. But I have PS3 and GT5 in plans :) It'll probably be in similiar time to TDU 2 debut, but as it is different island, I don't think TDU 1 will die. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hum can i request Lambo Murcielago? they arent taht bad at all but i have a roadster and the new SV all by tool and i think they could be even better expecially from SV taht has a amazing whine... if you guys search for top gear review of the car youll figure what im saying... im pair with paganis is one of the msot beautiful ever i think

• 3 weeks later...

Question: The excellent replacement sound you made for the Caddy CTS-V, how high does it rev?

I'm thinking of using it for the Corvette ZR-1, given it shares the same basic engine architecture as the second gen CTS-V, and we lack a dedicated ZR-1 sound replacement.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, reading this sad message about servers closing made me nostalgic and I came back here. Maybe I can dig my TDU save, remind myself how I made the sounds before and make new ones. Old sounds that aren't available for download are gone for good unless someones has them and uploads them for me, then I can upload them again. Otherwise, it's gone. For the new sounds, I will record my own samples from GT5 (some sounds are good, they're not really hoovers like people tend to say) and maybe FM4 (but I need to ask my friend for help with these. Any requests for now? :)

From GT5 you can convert 458 italia sound or california ... or you can make a mix samples from GT5 and FM4 for 458 italia ,could come out a good sound because GT5 sounds have good quality and they have a "metallic" sound FM4 is good for the tonality and is very close to the real sound. :)

Not yay :( My PC is kinda old now, I've modified it a bit since buy, but it's still pretty old. I turned on TDU, went for new save game, played for a bit, wanted to buy my first car and PC turned off. Windows doesn't want to start normally, it starts in safe mode and VGA mode, where I currently sit. I hope my graphics card didn't die, I'll try to uninstall the drivers for it and install new ones, maybe they've crashed for some reason. Well, hopefully.

Edit: Good news is, nothing is terribly broken. The bad news is, my fan on graphic card has stopped working and that's why my computer shut down. I put normal 10 cm fan very close to it, so far seems to be working, temperatures in Windows are normal. I have to test it in TDU though, if temperatures won't get too high.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...