We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Crazy Winter Edition 1.5B by Opelos_HUN

Opelos_HUN

• Replies 585
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Rename all the files so that they are shorter:

i.e. TDUWinter.zip, TDUWinter.z01, TDUWinter.z02 ~ and so on

Right click the .zip file and extract. If you can't try Googling for 7-zip

Backup you're original TDU folder

Drag the contents of the Winter mod over into the installation directory and select yes to overwrite.

Hi,

Can somebody help me? I have downloaded all the files (12 parts) and don't know how to istall it:( every part has same files so i don't know how to install it.. Plz help me!

Hello Aneelka,

If you really don't manage to handle the files you get, you can have a look to my auto-installer. You get the same result, and you just have a few cliks to make...

Check here : http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=18122

TD38

I use the duck38 installer to activate and deactivate the winter mod.

I must say that im impressed how nice this mod looks like.

Althougth I noticed that as soon I activate the winter mod, all shops like car dealers become invisbile for my eyes. I still can enter them and all. But I do wonder why they suddenly disapear.

What BNK file migth be the thing that causes the problem ? I could or would try to use the orginal BNK to get the shops back on land.

EDIT:

I found out why the shops and houses where invisible. I was missing the "Spots" subdirectory inside the LEVEL\HAWAI (winter mod) directory). I copyed them from the normal game and all hosues are back. Only the grass on the houses is still green not white for now x..x

Does this "Spots" directory come with the normal mod? If so I redownload that normal mod (noon installer) to fix this problem.

I use the duck38 installer to activate and deactivate the winter mod.

I must say that im impressed how nice this mod looks like.

Althougth I noticed that as soon I activate the winter mod, all shops like car dealers become invisbile for my eyes. I still can enter them and all. But I do wonder why they suddenly disapear.

What BNK file migth be the thing that causes the problem ? I could or would try to use the orginal BNK to get the shops back on land.

EDIT:

I found out why the shops and houses where invisible. I was missing the "Spots" subdirectory inside the LEVEL\HAWAI (winter mod) directory). I copyed them from the normal game and all hosues are back. Only the grass on the houses is still green not white for now x..x

Does this "Spots" directory come with the normal mod? If so I redownload that normal mod (noon installer) to fix this problem.

Well, you raise a big problem for my installer... I don't have this folder in my original files ! I suppose I have the same issue but I did not notice it...

I'll have to fix this, anyway.

TD38

PS : After having downloaded again the 13 files of the original mod, I didn't find he 'Spot' folder... We'll see with Opelos_Hun if he modified this folder or not. For the installer, I can make a patch or include this in the next version.

I'm supriced that after 27 pages nobody realsed this sort of problem.

I mean the holes are HUGE!

Anyhow that folder is only like 130 mb or something large. I would simply make a 'patch' that include its files when I where either of you two.

Until then I keep the local copy I made. I know it looks weird to have green grass between white island. but better as huge holes!

Impressive !!! You're right, it makes big holes ! :D:D:D I can't believe it...

Didn't see it, but I was more occupied to freeride than to buy cars. Maybe that's the reason.

Anyway, if Opelos_Hun has the folder, I will make a patch.

The next version of the installer is also ready and I could post it, but I still need acknowledgment from Opelos_Hun to use his Tropical mod, and from Iced_Bullet and Maciuk to use their lighting mods...

TheDuck38

You could fly westwards around earth at supersonic speeds like Superman to make time go backwards until you get to the time before you installed the Winter mod...

Then again, reinstalling TDU is probably a bit easier :)

Keep backups next time ;)

• 1 month later...
    Torrent links are dead...

Can you make MegaUpload uploads?

Hello,

There's not only the torrent file...

Go page 26 of this thread, get the 13 parts of the zip file, get the 4th patch, and all the roads versions you want... Use Winzip or 7zip to unzip everything and backup and replace the original files...

There are plenty of explanations in the previous posts of this thread on how to install everything.

Other solution, get my installers (see my signature) and they will install and handle automatically winter mode and sub modes (roads) and other modes like autumn or jungle....

TheDuck38

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    Please help me =( while unzipping it says that the first archive is corupt and I get 2882 errors. Tried with Winrar & 7Zip,none worked.

You posted the same comment on my 'Autoinstaller' thread... which zip are you trying to extract ? Winter autoinstaller or original winter with no autoinstaller ?

Usually, you just need to download again the corrupt file as it is most of the time a file transfer problem.

TD38