We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Converter´s Help Needed

paul9444

Hello, i am paul9444, and i am a 3D Model Designer. After getting TDU, i like it every day more and more. It does have a little problem, there are many cars missing. I tried to convert one of my .3ds models to the Test Drive Unlimited format (.bnk), but the game crashed. I have tried many times, but with no result. If anybody wants to work with me, I would be proud to provide my 3D models for free. I just want to see the cars in TDU. Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

have u downloaded djeys magic map??

because if u havent then that is why your tdu crashes i would love to see your cars I reckon u should share them with the community and another reason it might not work is if ur files are over 2,5 mb if it is causes the game to crash no matter wheter you have magic map or not hope this helps you:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
It does have a little problem, there are many cars missing. I tried to convert one of my .3ds models to the Test Drive Unlimited format (.bnk), but the game crashed

What?:eek: If you just rename the 3DS to BNK, of course it will crash, cause you should completely convert it to another game... You need ZModeler 2.1.1. or higher to convert the car [...] then it should be exportable and the exported 3DG, 3DD and 2DM you have to replace with the BNK editor

[...]=I don't want reply the whole tutorials for converting at this messege now, cause it are already a lot of tut's around here... just search a bit and you will find it;)

the real short answer to your problem is.. You need to import your 3DS models into Zmodeler2. then separate the car into its different components. then when you have finished setting up all the different parts of the car ( such as textures/surfaces and naming each part to specific names ) you then use Zmodeler2 to export the car into the 3DG file format which is what TDU uses. a BNK is just a container file kinda like a ZIP or RAR file, it just holds lots of files inside it.