We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion GPS mod v1.2 (deleted Hardcore icon)

iLLusion

heLLo!

I'm sure you're a lil bored too with that plain old default TDU GPS. I was planing to do something about it for some time now, and this week I finally had some free time for myself and decided to give it a try.

Step by step, I came with this nice minimalistic design. I tried to keep it clean & sleek as much as possible, so there isn't too much details on it. It isn't based on any real GPS, it's purely fictional. It's a GPS I would love to buy, if it existed in real life, that is.

208fiq8.jpg

iLLusion TDU GPS cover art

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction this GPS design went to, but because of hud limitation my GPS isn't exactly what I had in mind. If you look at my early concept you will notice small (to me it's huge) difference between that and this final product. Most noticeably white part.

2usc4ld.jpg

Screenshot 01

That white part annoys me. I searched inside hud.bnk files, but didn't been able to find a file that have correlation to that white part. Maybe in near future someone with more experience in texture modding will be able to find that particular file. When that happens, I will re-edit this version of GPS with proper color.

2rqorpc.jpg

Screenshot 02

On other note, I'm thinking of making another version of GPS, similar to this one, with only exception it would be in white color. That would solve that ''white part'' problem, but question remains - do we really need a white GPS? Sure we do. We got white iPods, we must have a white GPS too. :p

It's not 100% perfect, at least it's better than default one we all get bored to.

So that's all folks, thanks for your attention. Cya later. Now go and download it. ;)

DOWNLOAD iLLusion GPS mod v1.2

Version History

08.04.2010. v1.2 is released.

- deleted Hardcore status icon in free roam.

16.12.2009. v1.1 is released.

- new home icon.

08.12.2009. v1.0 is released.

- final version.

Feel free to share/modify as you wish. I'm only asking you to credit me as original author. Thanks!

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you like it! ;)

I managed to add some few details (smaller symmetrical on/off buton, signal LED, speaker...). A picture speaks more than words so here's the screenshot:

lvcph.jpg

BUT, I have a small problem. And I'm hoping someone with more texture modding experience will be able to help me. I learned to mod textures thanks to that easy-to-follow tutorial (http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3821), and I've successfully done some tweak here and there in past.

I tried that same editing/saving method with my GPS texture to test it and make a few screenshots but my game crashed while I was entering my car/exiting garage.

Unfortunately I'm (probably) doing something wrong and that method doesn't work in this case.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks! Hopefully, you will not have to wait a long time. ;)

As promised, time for a in-game screenshot. Let's see this beauty in all his glory...

16m4si1.jpg

Errr... NO. At the moment, there's a lot of bugs. Don't worry, they will be fixed.

But right now, I'm going to sleep. I'll deal with them tommorow.

mod edit: Please don't post images above 350KB, use a text link. Thanks!

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction this GPS design is moving to, but because of hud limitation my GPS isn't exactly what I had in mind. If you look at my early concept you will notice small (to me it's huge) difference between that and this, (not yet) final product.

Oh well, at least it's better than default one we all get bored to. And yea, here's another screenshot:

214s203.jpg

It's not 100% perfect, but it's much better then one in previous screenshots.

mod edit: Do not swear.

Ty. :D

And here's another (and last) screenshot:

140kl5d.jpg

This version will most likely be final version. Release is planned for 08.12.

btw.

Sorry for boring you guys (and girls out here) with screenshots (and delays), but this is my first ''official'' TDU mod. I know it's nothing special (if we look other cool mods over here), it's just a simple (not a 100% perfect) re-texture of GPS.

I'm happy you found interest in my GPS mod, and once again thanks for your support. ;)

mod edit: Please don't post images above 350KB, use a text link. Thanks!