We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mercedes SLS AMG 6.3

mk2design

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dunno but I guess I disagree with Tool for onces. This forum is for cars to go into TDU. I think this forum should not limit itself to car converting from other games or other sources. There always should be place for people that make something specialy for this game all new. And this Mercedes is probally inlcuded to this term.

Also I rember other people did what he do (show model wip's) and for them was also place enogth here. So why should he be suddenly wrong here?

Well I dunno but I guess I disagree with Tool for onces. This forum is for cars to go into TDU. I think this forum should not limit itself to car converting from other games or other sources.

I never said that or tried to explain that.. :) I'm saying that seeing he is not doing the car into TDU himself, that this is the wrong section for it. The way I see this 'WIP' section is if someone actually is the doing the mod them self to actually announce it.

So now, if they are not to post here, where will these people who make the models have to place their threads?

Letting them post here will at least give them some acknowledgement that the models actually were the fruits of their hard work, while encouraging them to maybe do even more models as they become recognised, and this will also allow the modders to have a chance to find models to convert and work on.

So maybe a sub-forum could be made for them? However, I'm more than sure that the sub-forum will remain cold and inactive, since the modeller pool is small (only 2 so far, right?) , and if any pauses, stops, or completes work, it will be dead.

So in my opinion, it's either they post here, or a new sub-forum be made for them. Fair for all?

[...] However, I'm more than sure that the sub-forum will remain cold and inactive, since the modeller pool is small (only 2 so far, right?) , and if any pauses, stops, or completes work, it will be dead. [...]

I agree with Homer_Bart, the threads sure will be dead.

However, this model looks nice, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

WIP: Work In Progress. This model is a work in progress and is intended for use in TDU therefore is in the right section. The section does not say if its converting or models...

/End

Please keep this thread on topic from now on.

mk2design Good luck with your modelling its looking great already!

Nice work so far. :)

Just alittle thing.. This isn't the section for WIP models, its for actual TDU WIP mods.

I agree 100% with tool...

This section should only have threads in it by the person who is actually converting the mod. Then they can update the first post and it will follow the mod template.

This also goes back to my suggestion thread made a while ago...

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=14489

WIP means work in progress. Just because you can't make a model yourself doesn't mean that people who work hard enough to make the model can't post and tell people its a work in progress car. Plus, its going into TDU anyway, and he will team up with someone eventually to import it, so it will be imported into TDU.

-Leadfoot

fantastic choice of car, can´t wait to see this brilliant car in TDU :D

and i really don´t know what´s up with tool and his protegé, better post a pic of a selfmade 3D-Model, than a fantastic mod-template without pictures :twisted:

ok, tool is fast enough, the release is there in 24 hours:)

In my eyes the person that creates the model deserves more credit than someone that only convert's.

Yes i know converting is hard and tool has got it perfected but could he create a model? No it takes alot more time and dare i say skill?

Agreed. :) And mk2design, considering the car itself in real life has only been revealed for about a month, great work on the model. :)

-Leadfoot

Very good choice of car.:thumbsup:

This car is a fantastic tribute to the 300SL 1954...

It's the first MB I like since a long time(the last one was the 560SEC 1987).

The model looks really good and smoothy.

Maybe can you post some pics of wire?

So congrats for this great start. Hope to see news quickly ;)

And I'm pretty sure you'll find some very talented converters here.