We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Weather Mod by Maciuk

Y00 PAY

You will make winter weather? Sweet! :D

With fog (we will imagine it's a some kind of a blizzard in distance), snowflakes flying around all the time (aka paper on windy day) and brighter snow? At the moment, only way we got real looking white snow is at night. Over the day it got grayish color...

stays in fog at start of game everytime

well done for this awesome mod, but, everytime i play or launch the game the weather is always in fog even though I've already experienced night time and saved it(quit the game) but when I open up the game again (without restarting computer) i still have fog again?:confused:

Ingame time is based on Your system clock. Every day whether "is moving" by 2.4 h. Remember that everytime u switch pause time stops. If players want to have same day time, they have to go on the map and back on the island. Then time will be synchronised to system clock again.

2nd

Youpay knows me, and he said right. I will not change anything like: "I wanna only one whether", "I want have a switch to changing wheather....", "I wanna TDU 2 mod". I understand, that people can have problems with bad light or "It was owesome if U had done o whether sth like ... ". I did it as good as i can, if U wanna chage do it on Your own. I had to many "suggestions" very stupid and idiotic questions. One wants longer nights, another wants one whether, another wants undoable things. If there R any issues, real ideas, mail me i will answer and i will think about this. In the winter version doable things will be included.

I think it wouldn't just be me who would say this, but on behalf of everyone who have downloaded your mod we say a BIG, BIG THANK YOU!! We know how difficult it is to make a mod and it is very easy to complain and point at some things someone may not like or want to change etc, etc.. And I honestly apologize on behalf of them as well mate (including me). But their questions are very honest and was not meant to cause you any stress(and i somehow know you are not):) I for one could not make mods myself nor have a good grasp of the computer (like programming and such) so take it from my perspective that maybe some people don't have as much of an idea as you have of how "things"

can be or could not be done... :pcpunch: take it easy mate.

Today I start working on Winter wheather ;) .... I install winter patch no.3, i will drive for 3 days and work will start...i have some ideas. It will be absolutly sth diffrent. i think that in 3 weaks, maybe one month i will publish it.

You can make a Winter Weather without Night, pls? :thumbsup:

Guest turbo lag

Maciuk, not a request as such but is there a version of your mod which has only the night mod permanently? Your mod is very nice but your night mod is one of the best out there compared to other attempts.

How did I forget? +Rep for your efforts.

Guest turbo lag

Yes exactly, the weather you've created is brilliant, but I like to choose what weather I like to have. :) Thank you very much if you could sort this out for us. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant, excellent work - this'll probably become a permanent addition to my game :D +rep

The night mod is especially impressive. Although it looked rather unrealistic from the screenshots, it is actually brilliantly done - not too dark, although the surrounding scenery could be a little darker.

@ poster above: HDR doesn't work with this mod because there are two separate weather files for HDR users and people who do not use HDR. This mod only changes the one intended for non-HDR users.

EDIT: I have figured out a quick trick to selectively use certain kinds of weather and not others - or, as I like to call it, "Batman Mode". Put "//" (without quotes) in front of all weather sets you do NOT want to use, and the game will use every other weather set.