We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Weather Mod by Maciuk

Y00 PAY

the best weather mod, every sunset and every sunrise i go to the beach to watch it. and the first day after the fog is woooonderful (clear blue skies) a happy day :) i think i would be nice for the next release to make 2 versions, one with, and one without fog. and one more: there are no car reflections at night. the cars look awful.

this is the best weather environment in ANY game ever!!! its so moody, as it were 4 different islands!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    How come everytime I launch the game, the weather is always slightly foggy and the sun is always like morning 10 o'clock, even though it was night time when i close the game? it is as though the game does not save my previous weather.

I have the same problem! any way of solving this?

oh an btw...is there any way at all of getting this mod to work with HDR? it makes the game look so much better

[mod edit:] Please don't double post, use the edit button, thanks!

Great work ! Many thanks... But I join the others : would it be possible to separate the different weathers so that we can swap and keep them ?

If you're working on a winter mod; is it possible to make snowflakes (ie to increase the number of flying particles, maybe ?)

Choosing weather you want is really easy.

Just go to x:\Games\Atari\TestDriveUnlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX and open WeatherDesc.ini

And delete/reorder lines you don't want. For example:

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_AFTERNOON_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_AFTERNOON_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_EVENING_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_NIGHT_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_NIGHT_M" ""

You don't like fog? Want to drive by night when you start up your game? Just put last line NIGHT_M at first place instead of MORNING_TB1. That's pretty much it. :D Try to find your own config that suits you by moving/deleting lines.

You may also notice timescale. The larger the number is, the faster time changes.

Good luck.

can some one tell me why the fog is staying ?

i have the mod and i only have seen the fog :(

can somebody help me ?

Greets ^^

It's probably because the weathers in this mod last longer than TDU ones, so if you keep playing, it should eventually change. You can see the others in photomode if you change the day/time. :)

It's probably because the weathers in this mod last longer than TDU ones, so if you keep playing, it should eventually change. You can see the others in photomode if you change the day/time. :)

but everytime i play till night time and i restart the game, it is back to being foggy again!! is there something wrong?????