We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How many of us still play?

Immelmann

I reorganized my room a bit recently, and now every morning when I get up I see my G25, and it's had me thinking, I wonder how much TDU the members of TDU Central are still playing at the end of '09. Now, I know it's an old game, and that it's understandable that a good portion of us have moved on, but there must be someone here that still plays fairly regularly...

As for me, well, I've not played in a while, the game kinda died when the roads started to have fewer and fewer actual players. I remember when it was impossible to meet with a friend at 'the point' because there were always so many servers there. Now you're lucky to find 3 people at once. I've died with it, gotta be 2 months since I touched it...

How about you guys?

I don't play anymore :( TDU is still one of the greatest games ever but I stopped playing when my friend bought a new PC and realized that he didn't have the megapack code anymore so he didn't install it to the new PC...it was great fun playing with him. I hope they will actually release TDU2 someday...

I play probably 1 or 2 times a month, it's dropped sure but then there isn't really anything else that's taken over, Forza 3 is quite crap tbh, the multiplayer is stupid and is killing the game and many people feel the same way.

I do have to admit to playing Battlefield 1943 occasionally though as it's just a fun game that can pass 10mins or 2 hours if need be.

I would probably however be on more if I played it on PC, just the improved engine and exhaust sounds would be enough but add on the extra car mods and such and the PC version is truly still brilliant even this long after the game has been out.

I still play it, and love it! In the last few weeks, it kinda dropped a bit, since I had exams and was ill, but now i'm getting back. And it's been snowing for the past few days here, so I was behind the wheel of my Renault, drifting a bit.. :D

I'm now DLing Opelos_HUN's winter mod, and getting back to driving in Hawaii.. :)

I don't play anymore, I uninstalled the PC version in pursuit of disk space. I still have the PSP version, which I sometimes play when I'm away from home... but generally I've moved on to other games (FUEL, Shift, GT PSP, F1 2009). Maybe one day I'll install TDU again... it's one of the best racing games I've played, and all those mods look so tempting :drool:

To be honest.. I just got TDU last October(2009) so I am still enjoying lots of it and play about 3-5 hours about 3 or 4 times a week and the mods just keep getting better, especially the reventon by tool, and the new sounds, huds and driving physics(modded ones of course)!! But i don't have an online account and may not be able to get one(pre-paid broadband) but still I love to play it very much!!:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've stopped, since my PC's broken down and as I don't have any money for a replacement, I don't plan on playing it anytime soon. I do plan on beginning a carreer on TDU as soon as I get it, though.

I'll have to agree with pinkbeetle on ''getting old and showing some wrinkles''. I'm beginning to pay more attention to the flaws of the game than the fun of playing it.