We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2 is Test Drive High Life ?

GTX-OGAN

How many years, how many winters! Long time on Test Drive Unlimited 2, which rashly stuck out his crown back in the 2007th year, nothing was heard. On the official side. If you believe the rumors, we are doubtful and have time to admire the screenshots, and been listening to plenty of off-road, Track and outlandish multiplayer. From informal parties have yet to hear that Eden Games and Atari sent Test Drive Unlimited 2 in stores somewhere next year, but there's everyone decides for himself - believe the bikes or not.

Another question that for two years, Test Drive Unlimited 2 could change beyond recognition, including the name. On a page with a portfolio of one of the game designers Eden Games suddenly appeared mention of the mysterious game Test Drive High Life - it is developed from 2006, and is aiming for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. About Unlimited 2 can forget? But how to say - the formal announcement with all the press-release bagatelle and fanfare from Test Drive Unlimited 2 no. Playing like there, but Eden Games ever it did not show, but at the studio she was not even mentioned. That is to say, and would like to forget about.

On the other hand, in the summary of the former employee Eden Games has been found a line where the figures TDU 2 and a new Part V-Rally. Documentary evidence does not, so ... Well, believe in better, yes?

http://sites.google.com/site/guillaumelebrispro/mycv

http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/alexandre-chambriat/9/657/80a

Oh btw here's the full CV of that guy, he did the Replay feature of the game by the look of it: http://www.kephpage.net/fr/download/CV_Guillaume_Delhumeau.pdf

And he must have done a good job as he got a Recommendation from David Alloza at Eden Games from October.

A Lyon,

Le 2 octobre 2009

Madame, Monsieur,

En tant que directeur technique de l’équipe « racing » à Eden Games, j’ai eu l’occasion d’accueillir dans mon équipe Guillaume Delhumeau en stage de fin d’études pour une durée de six mois. J’ai pu apprécier lors de cette collaboration les nombreuses qualités professionnelles de Guillaume parmi

lesquelles je soulignerais particulièrement le volontarisme, la capacité d’adaptation, l’autonomie.

Sous l’encadrement d’un ingénieur en développement Guillaume a fait sensiblement évoluer notre technologie de replay, en l’agrémentant de cameras plus esthétiques et plus dynamiques afin de mieux retranscrire l’expérience de jeu.

Le code a été développé en C++ et en C#, Guillaume qui ne maitrisait pas le C# à son arrivée dans notre société, est devenu rapidement autonome et efficace dans ce langage de programmation.

Nos opportunités de recrutement étant nulles en ce moment, nous n’avons pas pu proposer de contrat de travail à Guillaume.

Aussi je me permets de vous adresser cette lettre de recommandation afin de lui faciliter la recherche d’un futur emploi. N’hésitez pas à me contacter pour de plus amples informations.

En espérant que vous ferez bon accueil à sa candidature, je vous prie, Madame, Monsieur, d’agréer l’expression de mes salutations distinguées.

David Alloza

Does that say racing team?

then it is clear why you hid the inscription High Life in this video, so everyone thought TDU2! : DDDD

interesting you have something to hide?

every secret becomes clear

By the way, why forum tdu2.fr not available?

P.S - I'm really looking forward TDU2 so all the time looking at the slightest information

So what now? Will be there a new TDU in 2010 released or has it been chancelled?
There is a new Test Drive coming, when is another matter and what it will be called is also unknown.

then it is clear why you hid the inscription High Life in this video, so everyone thought TDU2! : DDDD

interesting you have something to hide?

every secret becomes clear

I hid it because it was unknown and also sometimes it's good to not let everything out you find AND it's better if others find as it means you can talk without the fear of getting shot.

By the way, why forum tdu2.fr not available?

P.S - I'm really looking forward TDU2 so all the time looking at the slightest information

No idea, I saw that myself, maybe Fabien is getting ready for 2010!

All info known is essentially out now as far as I know.

The whole thing about names is complicated. The whole "Test Drive: NeXT" and stuff is derived from all the "Next-Gen" stuff. So if Test Drive took a freebie title involving "Next", it would take that quick and simple option away from the other "Next-Gen" games. Also, TDU2 wouldn't work because new fans wouldn't understand it - we all would, because we quickly say "Test Drive Unlimited" or "TDU" rather than thinking about what we're saying, and how "Test Drive Unlimited 2" wouldn't imply that TDU wasn't unlimited enough.

Also, I'm with Diablo on the whole hiding-the-names thing. A few years ago on one of the Atari official forums, someone was comparing NFS and TDU, and one of the members made a kind response explaining the differences, referencing how "TDU isn't NFS: The Island," and another made-up name. It was assumed that everyone knew he'd just made it up.

However, browsing the NFS forums a few weeks later, I came across a thread about someone asking about the next NFS game; this, of course, happens with any series (as we know :) ). However, the title he gave was "NFS: The Island". I have no idea whether he was a member at the Atari forum, or found it in a search, but it goes to show how knowledge, even though it may seem to be only what it is (in this case, a made-up example), could be taken the wrong way.

That was back before NFS: Carbon, so as we know, there hasn't been and almost certainly won't be any NFS: The Island. :cheeky:

Just my ideas about names. :)

-Leadfoot

If the forebearer is well recognised as TDU is then TDU2 would be fine, just like the Gran Turismo, Forza and Rainbow Six series of games. I get what you mean though in that rumours can spread and I remember that NFS: Island thing also though there was a truth going about that EA were looking at an open world NFS in the same sort of vein as TDU but nothing ever came of it UNLESS that's what Criterion is working on for next years NFS release.

Like we've doing for so long though we just have to wait and see, if TDHL is the next game then the title implies a more upmarket jet-set way of life than starting in the dregs of society and working your way back up.

I can definitely hear the rumour-mill starting it's turbines though! :D

The original finding of this TDHL has since been changed to TDU sequel. The link to his downloadable Word CV has also been removed.

As with everything on the internet though there is always copies and screencaps, in fact here's some now!

Before (originally taken August 2009)

guillaumelebris_before.jpg

After (changed today by the look of it)

guillaumelebris_after.jpg

As with everything on the internet though there is always copies and screencaps, in fact here's some now!

If it was changed today, it seems that we're being monitored by the Big Wigs at Atari, or at least that dude. :-x

---

It seems as though many other gaming websites have dug up this story, and with a swift google of "test drive high life" many news results come to light. :)

thanks whichever mod edited this for me.

---

Seems a bit fishy that testdrivehighlife.com was registered as soon as this information was released? Maybe Fabien is just fuelling our rumours? Is this a hoax? Maybe I'm just too much of a skeptic.

Last week the CV of Guillaume Le Bris stated that he was a level designer for Test Drive High Life. Our first thought, was that High Life was a new name for Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was confirmed to be in development a couple of years ago. However, we've been in contact with the level designer and he has revealed that High Life was just used internally at Eden Games, and that he didn't know what the final name would be.

The CV also revealed the game will be making it's way to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. So, we should see and hear a little more on the project sometime in 2010. As ever, we'll bring you the latest updates on the game.

Source: connectedconsoles.com

Last week the CV of Guillaume Le Bris stated that he was a level designer for Test Drive High Life. Our first thought, was that High Life was a new name for Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was confirmed to be in development a couple of years ago. However, we've been in contact with the level designer and he has revealed that High Life was just used internally at Eden Games, and that he didn't know what the final name would be.

The CV also revealed the game will be making it's way to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. So, we should see and hear a little more on the project sometime in 2010. As ever, we'll bring you the latest updates on the game.

Source: connectedconsoles.com

They could've showed proof of the contact and not just say "we have done this". What's to say it's not totally made up?

I'm not discounting it yet, but I'd like to see proof.

It's quite a name for an internal project though, I mean want to keep people guessing call it TDU2 or Sandbank or X, Y and Z but naming it something like that only fuels the rumour fire.

The thing is though TDU2 we know what to expect somewhat but TDHL that hints more at living the jetset so could mean the next game is actually going in a completely different direction to what we have found and expect so far.