We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G25 vs Logitech G27

Sly870

For the Lexus cars with 7 gears (which are really automatics I think) I have to engage the clutch, press number 7 on my keyboard, release the clutch, then release the 7 key. You're better off just changing the controls to Auto or untick Use Clutch and H Shifter (or just don't drive that car) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the plug Ryzza.

The G25's don't have 7 forward gears because they were designed before anyone fitted 7 forward gears in a production car.

I recondition G25's as a side line from work, they can develop faults after time but if you know where they develop its easy enough to prevent them happening.

Haven't got my hands on a G27 yet, they don't seem to develop the same faults.

I can do a reconditioned and modified G25 for about £100 GB + shipping. I only do them for people I have spoken to on forums or in game as its not a commercial venture for me, I don't get paid for the time spent doing the mods. I also do spares so if you got one cheap over there with a broken shifter I could sell you a modified one to replace it. The wheel unit and pedals are heavy and cost a lot to ship (and very rarely go wrong) Its the shipping that would be expensive if you are in South Africa. When you think a new G27 is over £300 GB.... big difference. (you'll have to work out the conversion into your local currency)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
wanted the g25 but couldn't find anywhere that had it in stock, so got the g27. should come on monday cant wait 900 rotation yay:thumbsup:

So.. drag it back up again... How did you find the G27?

I have tried one since the above message was posted and found that there was no FFB in TDU. Bit of a let down really.

Have any of the clever programmer types on here managed to edit the file which the game uses to recognise game controllers?

BUMP

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've bumped this again as a known issue, G27's just dont give force feed back in TDU1. Has anyone found a workaround for this.

From what i've read ver 1.46 supported the G27 or provided some form of generic driver compatability for it but ver 1.66 / 1.67 do not. Some one on here must be able to source the file thats different that makes this the case.

If its just one file from the early version (pre-patch) surely it can be restored / added into Ver 1.66.

Am I the only one that uses a G27 on TDU these days? I just took out the G25 and replaced it with the G27 again. Keep swapping controller setups is a pain in the backside. There must be a fix for it?