We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Veyron Physics v1.2

terzer

Hi, i made my first mod ever. I made very, very accurate veyron physics. They include:

--gear ratios (7, with red line ect.)

--engine characteristics (hp, rpm, acceleration)

--wheel base, price, info

--braking (as real, 32m 100km-0)

--handling (slight oversteer, but mainly understeer, due to the heavy weight 1888kg)

everything is modified, thats why its offline only.

I played with the drag, downforce, torque ratio to find the most realistic performance. 0-100km, 0-200km, 0-300km, top speed 407, in exactly the same time and tempo as the real. (i checked) little understeer, very little oversteer (but it will spin out if you push hard), it's very composed as it is in real life, but many will it find very hard to steer (its an illusion due to the amazing acceleration), so it's not arcade physics. (you can't take a hairpin with 80....)

Replaces: Edonis

Version: 1.2

Whats new:

Finally accurate acceleration (0-100; 0-200; 0-300; 0-400km in accurate times and distance)

Heavier steering

Tweaked suspension

Tweaked weight distribution

Version: 1.1

Whats new in the new version:

Refined acceleration (now accurate times (only 0-300km is 1sec faster, but i have reasons))

Refined handling (more heavy, realistic, harder) you can feel the understeer now!

Tweaked suspension

What next?:

I will continue work, ONLY if there are suggestions, requests, bugs....

Maybe the handling a bit (never its enough :D )

--I will make a arcade mod (lighter steering, faster acceleration) ONLY if there are requests!--

Note:

The installer says 1.0version, but its 1.2. I couldn't change the version number, because of errors.

DOWNLOAD INSTALLER 1.2

Previous releases:

DOWNLOAD INSTALLER 1.1 OLD

you must import the performence pack, save the car > menue "file" > save data
yes i import it, but it loads the original edonis stats not the modified veyron. this happens only when i change the db file. the other users have another db files and for them it loads the edonis stats.

• 2 weeks later...

as no one is so kind to make the patch, i'm posting screenshots from the PE so everybody can make the modifications.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I found your physics very good, even better than what I had done. But the handling i found it twitchy and I felt the car too light (It's a heavy car), And I understand what U say the corners U may think its understeering but it's because Ur doing like 140kph o 160kph(85-100mph), this is the handling I came up with, the drag coef its the real one if U have the one with the spoiler up.

Know I feel the car nice and planted to the ground (like a heavy, but perfect handling Veyron should be). And remember that I tried driving it like a RWD car, its not, so U have to drive it like a 4wd...

as no one is so kind to make the patch, i'm posting screenshots from the PE so everybody can make the modifications.

The weight of the car isn't 1888, its 2041;

And the RPM are 6000.

that affects the performance.

Sorry, but this is constructive criticism.

i take criticism, thank you. i saw that over the years, the veyron's stats change. some veyrons are not even 1001hp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron

http://www.rsportscars.com/bugatti/2006-bugatti-veyron-164/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bugatti-veyron-16.4.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/d809a3c5ff9a52d50220e5392aa12d9a.pdf

i will continue. expect soon update

p.s. i will decrease the steering sharpness, that will fix the lightness feel.

also the high speed cornering comes from the downforce. it also can be fixed with steering sharpness, but it also affect low speed cornering. there must be a compromise. (maybe i have to reduce understeer in low speed, and tweak the handling number)

i put it more drag to reduce high speed acceleration. otherwise it accelerate for no time to 420 and it hits the rev limiter, and you drive like that :). in the real world you barely reach 407 (due lack of HP)

i think i must increase it even more.

the torque balance is 38!!!

not 62

it can't be. the torque in all 4wd cars is always mainly to the rear wheel, because the front axel can't endure. and it will make it understeer-y and it must be oversteer-y.

for example almost all 4wd lamborghinis are 30front 70 back.

0-100km, 0-200km, 0-300km, top speed 407, in exactly the same time and tempo as the real.

What times do you get with this mod terzer? I've measured the speeds as follows:

0–100 km/h 2.75 sec.

0–200 km/h 6 sec.

0–300 km/h 12 sec.

0–400 km/h 19 sec.

Top Speed - 451 km/h

The real world times are:

0–100 km/h 2.5 sec.

0–200 km/h 7.3 sec.

0–300 km/h 16.7 sec.

0–400 km/h 55.6 sec.

Top Speed - 407 km/h

Do your times come out differently? Maybe it didn't install correctly on my system!?

yes they are true. and the only way to fix it is to increase the drag, and this number will not be accurate

http://www.germancarzone.com/bugatti/19418-bugatti-veyron-acceleration-0-320-km-h.html

there are also other results.

the stupid thing is as i increase the drag i'm receiving the proper times, but it cannot reach 407, 400 even, there is no power.

edit: i found the right drag for these times, but have in mind that no stretch in the island is so long for the top speed ;) it will eventually hit 400 (in 55sec), 407

the stretch must be horizontal, without slope