We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Veyron Physics v1.2

terzer

New version 1.1 (see first post)

i pasted the new instruction in to the old installer, i'm not 10000% if it will work (by me is fine)

the 0-300km is one second faster, because for the top speed you need to tweak the downforce and the drag. more downforce increases the acceleration in high speeds. but then when i make 0-400km in 55sec is impossible to reach it, due to many bumps, and there are not many long stretches in the game. in the next releases i will fix it.

Please leave feedbacks, they will improve the mod!!!

enjoy!

the 1.1 is more realistic but the car is to low, it enters seventh gear to verry late and i couldn't reach 400km/h only 396km/h

i agree, thats the problem. if the people what to feel realistic, the stats must be modified, not to use the veyrons factory stats. it will reach 407 eventually.

and for realistic acceleration times you cannot reach 400, because the roads are too short for that speed. nobody also in the real world cannot reach even 350km on ordinary roads. (there are too many turns and bumps) with 400km\h you cover 111 meters per second, and acceleration 0-400km in 55sec, its almost impossible to find so smooth and straight road.

also it has to be even slower to be realistic (0-330km covers 1.6km for 25sec., ingame: 0-330km 1km for 19-20sec. ;) and if i lower the acceleration to match that speed, it will be even harder to reach 400km)

SO DECIDE EVERYBODY: TO BE ARCADE OR REALISTIC?

hahahaha i cannot belive it :D

but the 0-200 and 0-300km times are ruined. and the funny part is that 0-400km is exactly 55sec :D tomorrow i will tune the acceleration and the drag, maybe the handling, so maybe in the evening you can except update.

there is annoying understeer at very low speeds, i have to work on it.

and yes - leave feedbacks!!!

Thanks!

SO DECIDE EVERYBODY: TO BE ARCADE OR REALISTIC?
Yeah, it's very hard to decide on this. Since this is a game and the aim is fun, I tend to go for arcade over realism. I try to make the 0-100 and the top speed correct, but it's not really possible to get the times to 100, 200 etc exactly accurate at the same time due to limitations in the game engine. At the end of the day, everyone wants to experience driving the Veyron at top speed, so if you can't reach it due to the roads not being long enough it sux :)

Yeah, it's very hard to decide on this. Since this is a game and the aim is fun, I tend to go for arcade over realism. I try to make the 0-100 and the top speed correct, but it's not really possible to get the times to 100, 200 etc exactly accurate at the same time due to limitations in the game engine. At the end of the day, everyone wants to experience driving the Veyron at top speed, so if you can't reach it due to the roads not being long enough it sux :)

yeap, you're right.

but i will make 2 versions :) one arcade, one realistic. in the arcade mod i'll make the steering lighter and faster acceleration to the top speed.

nope, i did it!!! finally. every time is accurate (+\- 0.5sec) even 0-330km makes for 1.5km and 22-23sec. In long roads you can reach 400, my top speed for now is 405. i tweaked the handling a bit, there's a slight problem: when i turn in a corner without gas, it turns, but if i press the gas pedal, the front has more grip, than without gas :confused: its really strange, because usually when you accelerate in a corner there's understeer. i tweaked the torque, suspension, no result. i'm releasing now, if someone know how to fix this, tell me, please!

If you insist for arcaderer mod i will make it!

I will continue work ONLY if you have more requests, suggestions, notes...

I think the mod is complete.... .:oook: or is it... :)

DOWNLOAD 1.2

v1.2 is better for speeds (still not 100% by my testing, but pretty damn close! (2.4, 7 & 16). However, adjusting stuff in TDU is a nightmare! Changing one parameter can affect both straight line performance and handling. For instance, Downforce and Grip both affect acceleration and cornering. I have spent MANY hours tuning TDU cars and have basically come to the conclusion that replicating all aspects of real-world performance is not possible, there will always be a trade off between straight line and cornering performance and because there are SO MANY variables in the equation it can drive you ABSOLUTELY NUTS trying to juggle them all to make everything work!

So as I mentioned earlier, I tend to get my 0-100 time & top speed perfect and forget the other times, it's just too hard and parameters you adjust can massively impact handling.

Hopefully one day physics engines are a perfect simulation of reality and you just need to plug in the real world numbers and it all works first time. In the mean-time, we can only dream :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest turbo lag

terzer is there something wrong with the installer? It installs fine but now it simply refuses to uninstall, if I do, then I try to start the game it just won't start. Now I can't boot them game up without having the mod installed.

Ok, I had a look at it quickly, and uninstall part of this patch is dangerously wrong - basically brand, model name. Incorrect values will make the game to crash !

This patch has not been made and tested consciously, moreover readme is talking about Gallardo !

@terzer,

In particular about version issues (ie what the issue with changing 1.0 to 1.2 ?) please contact me.

@turbolag,

please replace the uninstall.pch file which the attached one and see if uninstall is better.

Honnestly, I'm glad seeing you using my tools, but please do not simply copy-paste what others have done, without first understanding how it works. :eek:

Ok, I had a look at it quickly, and uninstall part of this patch is dangerously wrong - basically brand, model name. Incorrect values will make the game to crash !

This patch has not been made and tested consciously, moreover readme is talking about Gallardo !

@terzer,

In particular about version issues (ie what the issue with changing 1.0 to 1.2 ?) please contact me.

@turbolag,

please replace the uninstall.pch file which the attached one and see if uninstall is better.[/color]

Honnestly, I'm glad seeing you using my tools, but please do not simply copy-paste what others have done, without first understanding how it works. :eek:

I really appreciate your help, and i'm sorry for the copy-paste patch. that was before weeks. now i know how to make patches, now i'm working on a update 1.3 for the veyron and the next release will be proper!

Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...