We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TVR Speed 12

Milli

Yup they have. Forza 3 models have been converted to TDU for weeks/months now.

Oh... well in that case how come nobody's done this one ?

I shall be very grateful to whomever may do the grand favour of importing the TVR cerbera speed 12 into Test Drive Unlimited.

No seriously, it'd kick ass - I have neither forza 3 nor any hacking capabilities but if it doesn't take too much time I hope somebody could do this for not just me, but everybody who's been wanting to see this car in TDU.

- Dan

You can't import a car from console to PC

Uhhhh, wrong, soooooo wrong.

Programs that can extract 3D models from console games have existed for years now, they go as far back as the PS-1. A very cheap 3D modeling program called MilkShape3D could extract models from the original playstation game discs.

Since then people have been ripping models from the Gran Turismo games on PS-1 and PS-2, as well as many other games.

Plus we now have Forza 3 conversions being done.

Oh... well in that case how come nobody's done this one ?

Because certain modders out there actually DO look at request lists like these, but the problem is, they look at them for what they WON'T do.

Certain modders have the bad attitude that just because people want the car that they'll refuse to do it.

This is the only modding community with that kind of stupid backwards thinking......

Read before post.

I did read, here's your own words....

You can't import a car from console to PC

This has been wrong since the Playstation 1 days, MilkShape 3D was able to read directly onto the PS-1 discs and extract the models.

There have been model extractors for PS-2 games, Dreamcast games, XBox games, and now XBox 360 games.

The models were all made on a PC to begin with, usually in one of the high end modeling programs like Maya, 3DSMax, AutoCAD, or others, so it stands to reason that somehow, some way, that they would be able to be imported and opened up again.

If the console game disc can be read in a PC, then there's always a way to extract the contents.