We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Drawings!

cis4care

I have no idea, if someone's made a thread like this already, honestly, I don't care much, but there we go.

So, the idea is, you post your drawings of cars, but if you think the drawings (of something else) real good, and want to share it with others, feel free to post it here!

For instance, here's some of my work :

A Lamborghini Murcielago, with one door open :P You won't see the detail, 'cos I don't go hard on the pencil :D

4315005905_4fa049fa61_b.jpg

And an Audi S5

4315005263_8b001ed583_b.jpg

Please don't insult each other, especially me, I'm still learning :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work, and how much time did you spend on it?

Yes, I'm still learning. I use so many things real professionals don't use, pictures, computers, some copypaper at times and such. For a sketchy drawing it usually takes about two or three hours.

And I need 50 o' these before April, so it'd be great if you guys threw me some ideas of what to draw. I'll do planes too. Hell, I'll do laptops and bikes and some other technical stuff. :)

Mojo those are good! I'm doing these for design college too ;)

Used to draw cars and other random stuff in the back of school exercise books and on scrap paper when I was bored.

Everyone thought they were really good, I thought they were below average. I don't draw any more, nor do I have any of my old drawings.

Those cars look great, and so does Mojo's Sentry drawing, although I've already seen it and some of his other art :p

Mojo those are good! I'm doing these for design college too ;)

Thanks :) they're quite tricky to draw, the stand it rests on is needlessly complicated. I had to use a picture for reference

Used to draw cars and other random stuff in the back of school exercise books and on scrap paper when I was bored.

Everyone thought they were really good, I thought they were below average. I don't draw any more, nor do I have any of my old drawings.

Those cars look great, and so does Mojo's Sentry drawing, although I've already seen it and some of his other art :p

They were good, I remember saying so ages ago :p you could draw cars way better than me. Probably still can, unless I have a drawing to copy from I have problems with cars :-x

Mine from about half a year ago.

I don't have the patience to finish or even start more drawings

I know not everything is straight :o

And Mojo, you got skills! :thumbsup:

Ta :)

That porsche is nicely done, and I agree, sometimes I just cba to carry on drawing but if you end up with something nice at the end like yours it makes it all worthwhile :)

Thanks :) they're quite tricky to draw, the stand it rests on is needlessly complicated. I had to use a picture for reference

I know, the stand is just ugh... Like the headlights on that S5 :D

You've got quite an eye for dimensions, that's one of the two problems for me - dimensions and proportions. If I don't learn how to get those right on the first swoop, I'm doomed, indeed :lol:

I know, the stand is just ugh... Like the headlights on that S5 :D

You've got quite an eye for dimensions, that's one of the two problems for me - dimensions and proportions. If I don't learn how to get those right on the first swoop, I'm doomed, indeed :lol:

Tis just practise really, I have to do life drawing and observational drawing alot at college, before that I could barely draw anything. Quite alot of people like to measure things out or draw guidelines before sketching the actual thing, this is good practise for proportion but I find it's sometimes better just to jump straight in, if you make a mistake, who cares, that's what erasers are for :) If you keep at it eventually you won't make any mistakes at all :D

Here's my (really rather crap) drawing of a McMerc SLR 722 I did when I was bored 2 years ago. Copied from a magazine, and even still it doesn't look right. Biggest problems for me are proportions, shading and symmetry; if you'll notice, the left side of the car doesn't actually match up with the right side :(

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/McMercSLRdrawing.jpg

Tis just practise really, I have to do life drawing and observational drawing alot at college, before that I could barely draw anything. Quite alot of people like to measure things out or draw guidelines before sketching the actual thing, this is good practise for proportion but I find it's sometimes better just to jump straight in, if you make a mistake, who cares, that's what erasers are for :) If you keep at it eventually you won't make any mistakes at all :D

What college do you go to? I'm pushing towards a technicals college as soon as I finish high school, so they told me to show them what I got at drawing, since I'm crap at math :P

What college do you go to? I'm pushing towards a technicals college as soon as I finish high school, so they told me to show them what I got at drawing, since I'm crap at math :P

Tis just a normal sixth-form type college, I do Maths and ICT A-Levels aswell as my art course. Basically it's what you go to after School and before University, might be different in the USA, not 100% :)

EDIT: SpeedRacer, those drawings remind me of Burnout Revenge :D

Isn't really anything special, felt like doing something completely different from my usual stuff. I actually have hardly any drawings, in my course we mostly use mixed media which isn't really classed as 'drawings' (if you were to change the thread title to 'Post your art!' however... :p )

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp117/mistermojo28/comic_style_sketch.jpg