We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Ferrari F40LM beta sound mod (for the tuned f40)

Doctor G.

Samples made from a low quality onboard video (with an excellent sound recording though). Note that i used the Miura bnk to get rid of the transmissions noises.

Preview link :

Download link (with some slight modifications) : http://www.filefront.com/15495639/F40LM-beta-TDU-sound-mod-by-Doctor-G.zip/

PLEASE REPORT PROBLEMS IF YOU TRY IT (Are the samples tones too low or too high, do the samples tones perfectly fit with each others, does the downshifts perfectly fit with each others, are there some artifacts of parasite noises in the samples, do you hear some "plops" in the sound when releasing or pressing the throttle, are the samples too repetitives or not linear enough, does it sound like the real model, is the volume too high or too low, does it need some equalizing etc.).

This is epic! I have an OK F40 sound but has a BOV in it. Love the car but not so much the sound.

I think this LM sound will have me driving it alot more.

Stage 3 F40 sound FTW!

There are some alright F40 sound mods out there but this might top them all!

DL'ing now!!:thumbsup:

Thanx!

Plugged it in last night, and headed for the speedway track drove for over an hour with audio cranked! Blew my ears out, but could not seem to stop driving even when I became exhausted.

This is by far one of the best aggresive racing style sound mods I have ever heard.

Like Skepsis' Z06 sound mod that will stay with my Z06 in the game this will stay on my F40 in the game from here on out.

It is so close to the actual video of the F40 LM on youtube it's downright scary!!

[TUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

Epic!

Tried it yesterday and it's properly amazing ! Had 100% more fun with my kit3 F40.

If beta means you can enhance it still, that will be perfect. But I'm already satisfied with it.

+rep (for this one and 360 CS - only tested these 2 so far)

I tested it out with both 7.1 surround and with Harman/Kardon headphones, its one friggin damn nice sound.

However, i think i found a small flaw, when the you release the throttle from 100% the decelerating sound is kinda looping twice. It might have been just me driving the way i did, or TDU going nuts, but if you're going for perfection you should lookinto that. Perhaps it'd work out by making the time before the sound loops longer? meh, im not all that familiar with TDU sound composition, but it should be a simple task.

• 2 weeks later...
I think i found a small flaw, when the you release the throttle from 100% the decelerating sound is kinda looping twice. It might have been just me driving the way i did, or TDU going nuts, but if you're going for perfection you should lookinto that. Perhaps it'd work out by making the time before the sound loops longer? meh, im not all that familiar with TDU sound composition, but it should be a simple task.

You are totally right, this loop is too short. I will fix that, help much appreciated mate, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

You are a sound GOD. Thanks for all the great mods!!

EDIT: After carefully testing some of your sound mods (FXX/Enzo, MC12, F40LM, 360CS), I think that they are amazing. But I spotted a problem: when you drive from the exterior the sounds are way too quiet! The traffic car are louder and I couldn't hear my car very well. For example, I was driving the Enzo from the exterior view and every time I passed a traffic car or AI car, the sound of the Enzo was drowned. It's really irritating when you don't know when to change gear because you can't hear your car :p . In the interior view the volume is good.

That's the only thing I have to say. You did an amazing job! Can't wait for the final versions!