We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ten.: Ferrari F50 *to call it WIP is some heavy exaggerating**

Ten.

So, ive been wanting this car in the game since i started playing TDU back when it came out. Ive finally gotten my hands on a proper 3d model that i can import.

This would be my first import to any game and just to make myself clear, i suck at 3d so im gonna be needing alot of help.

Im however not going to pay 60$ for Zmodeler 2.2.2 so i need someone that has the full version to import it into an existing .3dg file for me.. I think many of us would be very grateful if someone could do this for me. Contact me via PM if you can do this for me.

Some quick questions:

#1: If i import the model onto the F40, can i bodyswap the .3dg file with like, the Enzo/whatever later without problems later on?

#2: I know some modelers that would probably let me convert their models but thing is, they are extremely high poly models. So, is there a polygon limit on the cars in TDU?

Wish me luck. :P

(im posting renders of the model as soon as they are done)

#1: If i import the model onto the F40, can i bodyswap the .3dg file with like, the Enzo/whatever later without problems later on?

You have to import the exported 3dg File from Zmodeler with the !!!BNK TOOL!!! in the Enzo.bnk. But then every texture will be different than these of the F40, of course

#2: I know some modelers that would probably let me convert their models but thing is, they are extremely high poly models. So, is there a polygon limit on the cars in TDU?

I think maximum 60.000 can be, before the 3DG making the BNK File larger than 3MB.

I think maximum 60.000 can be, before the 3DG making the BNK File larger than 3MB.

75.000 tris, excluding wheels. Can be imported, though it does have a risk and that is in order for TDU not to crash sometimes having to lower texture quality in order to fit.

I really want no file size in TDU...

And if you are good, 130 000 is OK for all the exterior 3dg with high textures quality.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

My low poly body is 15 000 polys

Shadow is 2 000 polys

low poly cockpit is 33 000 polys

high poly body is 80 000 polys

Only look at Triangles-count. It's the only important thing to know.

One rim is 5 000 polys but until 10 000 may be OK.

And if you are good, 130 000 is OK for all the exterior 3dg with high textures quality.

What? How is it possible? But...but... Tool831 is the best! That's all we can read on his threads. Do you mean... YOU ARE BETTER ???? Does it mean that when you write "no bug known", that's because there is no bug and not that you don't test it ?

Good luck Ten. From where comes the 3d Model? Are you sure to have authorisations to convert it?(The way you consider the work of Oleg on Zmodeler2 give to me some doubts, but I'm surely wrong)

Wait a bit,you say that you are not going to pay for ZModeler,but you still want to convert car in TDU,how in the gods name you think to do that?Because if someone else convert this,it is going to be his mod,not yours.And if I understood right you didn't even make this car.

Submit is YOU CAN NOT IMPORT CARS IN TDU WITHOUT ZMODELER!

But again,I like this,so my advice is to buy Zmodeler,so we can enjoy in this...

Im not even entirely sure who the author is.. Anyone speak russian? The site that provided the file is russian. I didnt find any releasenotes or anything. Ive seen other models from the site in other games, like Sims2/Trackmania, etc. so im guessing its free for all? There was 3 other Ferraris provided, an F40, an 250GTO and a f348.. If anyone knows more about the models, please let me know so i can get permission to convert it from the author and not just assume its free to use as i wish just because the site didnt provide info on the model.

PM me if you know anything or want the link.

The problem with this kind of site is that in fact these models are not free but simply stolen(a lot of my models have been stolen by this way). The best way to have a free model is to contact a modeler that have ever made the car for an other game and ask him the authorizations and an open model, or to investigate to know who is the real author.

So be careful with the free 3d sites.

What? How is it possible? But...but... Tool831 is the best! That's all we can read on his threads. Do you mean... YOU ARE BETTER ???? Does it mean that when you write "no bug known", that's because there is no bug and not that you don't test it ?

Elitist much?

And sarcasm doesn't technically work on the internet.