We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me an option to drive a school bus (its not what your thinking), police car or rubbish truck then have my friends all pile into the back and take them for a cruise..... actually that probably wouldn't work too well in the rubbish truck but you get the general idea.

More things I've noticed:

You can really see how good the draw distance is, hidden away on top of the hill on the left is a house, and it's so detailed that you can actually see the cannopy on the side of it (garage?)

In the long distance, where the mountains have lost detail, they're nowhere near as jagged as they are in TDU1, where the skyline looks like a saw blade. you can also clearly see the sea

You can also see that there are many more buildings this time, and they look natural, not like the token mansion in the middle of nowhere like we're used to

More trees, making it look more realistic

on the left you can see 3D grass, which seems to be something that the media is obsessed with recently...

and erm... yeah. the only other thing I can think of is the fact that the first viper pic on the first page of this thread has got some swings behind it... I hope it glitches like the swings in GTA IV :p

Nice finds mate, I quoted The Queen due to I CBA writing it all over again but this is what myself and The Queen found out.

Myself and Tool have been discussing the images posted and we have noted down some extra details that some may find interesting. ;) :cheeky:

1) Bumpmaps have been added to the environment. (trees, roads, sand, hills and grass)

2) Updated reflections on the vehicles.

3) Updated carbon fibre textures.

4) Overall texture quality is vastly improved, eg. Vehicle headlight textures.

5) Polycount on vehicles has been vastly improved, eg. Mercedes Gullwing photo and overall wipers.

6) Dynamic shadow has been improved dramatically. No rough edges.

7) Window wipers look they will have motion.

8) No driver in cockpit as it seems you can select and deselect the driver to be there during this time. *See Dodge Viper image*

9) Wheels now have motion in photomode.

10) Transparency of plants and trees has been majorly improved.

11) Draw distance has been improved as there is no noticeable blur on objects and scenery in the background meaning low or no pixelation.

12) Human avatars appear to have greater quality to them, probably a higher polycount.

13) Selection of interior colours appears to be back. eg. Gumpert has orange interior colour compared with other games and such.

14) HDR effect appears to have been improved.

15) Different variations of vegetation and tree trunks giving a greater variety compared to the first installment.

16) Possible 3D birds flying around as they appear to have bulges to them.

17) Blur effect seems to be improved in photomode with a probable AntiAliasing boost.

18) Different variations of buildings including buildings situated on top of hills.

19) Avatars now have different and vastly improved facial expressions as the detail on their face stands out a lot more.

20) Vehicle window transparency has changed with cars have varying window transparency each unique.

21) Vehicle vents now 3D instead of being a flat texture with a bumpmap on it.

22) Possible fog levels in the game as in the distance in the Gumpert image it seems to be "foggier" than the rest of the images.

23) Possible fog lights turned on in the Zonda F shot while the headlights are turned off.

Should be a thread for this type of stuff.. :lol: Called "Spot the difference"

When I read the bit the wheel motion blur in photo mode, the first thing that popped into my mind was... 'What if they just photoshopped it like a lot of TDUC members do for their pics...?'

Hopefully they didn't, though :)

We gonna sue them for false advertising. They won't get away with it this time :D

Well TDU2 will have a lot of graphics but is better that they made 256mb cards user friendly

512MB seems to be the way these days with gaming, well from what I can tell. :)

For myself I will over ride TDU2's graphics and force 16xQAA on it. Then other settings ill make it focus more on the quality then performance, seems to work for me great with TDU1. :D

I hope though it won't be CPU and well RAM hungry etc, cause GTA IV and I think Crysis warhead? (I think) was like this for me.

Doesn't NFS Shift also have something like that? Doesn't have to be shopped I guess. If else, they might get away with the fact they were showing stuff that didn't represent the full game, like they always warn with at demo's.

Crashday got spoofs of the Diablo and EB110 on pre-release screenshots, though they never made it.

It would be nice that wheel blur, for the photomode.

When the first in-game pics started to appear prior to TDU's release, few people believed they were real. The devs were hanging out at the first non-Atari forum so I asked one of them how much the images had been retouched. He assured us they were untouched. I didn't believe him. They looked way to good to be real. Well... they were real! I have no reason to believe this time will be different.

I'm wondering if the likes of Tool and Djey will play TDU2 online more than they have TDU1 :D

Never liked TDU1 online, hated it actually. People ramming me all the time and requesting cars, doing a lot of friend requests. Lag all the time, connecting to only Russians and Germans.

Seeing TDU2 will have damage I will not like that then cause people will just crash into you. Only thing I like about online so far about TDU2 is that you can create private servers also be able to not disconnected even in a dealership. I may change my mind when more TDU2 details get released.

512MB seems to be the way these days with gaming, well from what I can tell. :)

For myself I will over ride TDU2's graphics and force 16xQAA on it. Then other settings ill make it focus more on the quality then performance, seems to work for me great with TDU1. :D

I hope though it won't be CPU and well RAM hungry etc, cause GTA IV and I think Crysis warhead? (I think) was like this for me.

hold on. did i got this right that theres a way to force TDU1 to something like 16xblabla???:confused:

First Impression:

Here is the map of Ibiza Island, which I was found on the internet last night. (Roads & Fuel stations etc.) :drool:

(It's not official TDU2 map, it's original map of Ibiza Island) ;)

http://www.myibizavilla.com/images/ibiza-map.jpg

http://www.planetware.com/i/map/E/ciudad-de-ibiza-map.jpg

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

Interesting. I worked out a ROUGH scale and a very rough, straight line based measurement of the circumference of the island comes out to around 100km. The island measures approx 38km long & 18km wide (in a straight line). I'm struggling to see 4000kms of road on an island of this size / scale...

Another rough measurement / estimate of all roads on that map works out to ~250km. Even if my estimates are way off and it's more like 500km, then double that for offroad tracks as well, it's still only 1000km! It has to be scaled up in the game IMO.