We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My TDU also gone bad. The first disc had a small crack in it, which others had too because of the steelbox. I went and buy a replacement one, but when I played TDU a few months ago I saw loads of graphical errors. Grass was everywhere and the car had all sorts of normalproblems. I haven't tried playing after that. I first need to know what is wrong causing all those weird graphical errors.

Ain't that a graphical issue? I had that with GTA IV if the settings were higher than my pc can handle, so I got all sorts of green and blue flickering on my screen, distorting everything.

I think that has to do with graphicscard, but I'm not an hardware expert. I think though the graphicscard gets too hot.

i have it on xbox 360

:oook: What about other games (not installed on the [COUGH]overpriced[/COUGH] HDD)? Probably the 360's fault (as most problems are - j/k, I don't like 360 :cheeky:).

Sorry you're having that problem. :( How long have you had the game? Could've gotten worn out or something from being put in and out (though can't see that happening, but you never know).

-Leadfoot

Another rough measurement / estimate of all roads on that map works out to ~250km. Even if my estimates are way off and it's more like 500km, then double that for offroad tracks as well, it's still only 1000km! It has to be scaled up in the game IMO.

I used Roadyou.com to draw a tour of the island using actual roads and the distance is 90 miles or 130 km. It's not straight roads though. There are so many twists and turns, the trip would be hard to do in less than an hour. The French preview says it takes 40min to drive around the island so something has to give. The preview also says it takes 20 minutes to drive side to side. I tried a straight (as much as possible) itinerary across the island, top to bottom, and the 20min + are plausible.

Today I tried to measure all the asphalt roads on the island, save for city streets. I'm still not done yet, I might be at 4/5th, but I'm shocked that the combined distance is just 200 miles. I measured 4/5th of Ibiza town, just to have an idea, and the combined distance is roughly 50 miles. At this point, even with the myriad of dirt roads and offroad trails and all the towns and developments, I just can't see 2500 miles on that island.

So I have to back down from what I believed originally, a 1:1 reproduction. On the other hand, I've verified that Eden couldn't have blown up Ibiza to make it 2.5x bigger than Oahu. The more reasonable explanation, at this point, is that they blew it up enough to bring it closer to Oahu in size, and made up wide and fast roads in order to keep speed freaks from hanging on to TDU 1 the way many people hanged on to San Andreas because GTA IV was smaller.

So we're back to the concepts having the island enlarged (either in scale or just bits added to the north coast perhaps), or having multiple islands, be it O'ahu, or the nearby Spanish islands, or both.

]What about other games (not installed on the [COUGH]overpriced[/COUGH] HDD)?

You can't go too hard on 360 owners. On April 6 MS is letting them use USB flash or hard drives up to 16GB each to store stuff. I was reading the comments posted at the bottom of the article, laughing at how they defended their choice of console, yet 50% of them didn't know what the announcement meant for them. :D

Well so far Windows 7 is the only thing I've ever legally purchased from Microsoft. Maybe I'll get a new Windows phone later this year. But if I'm going to get a 360, they have to add support for the G25 so that I can use it with Forza 3. Otherwise I'll be left waiting for GT5, TDU2, whatever NFS game comes out (being built by Criterion Games), and whatever Codies release next.

I used Roadyou.com to draw a tour of the island using actual roads and the distance is 90 miles or 130 km. It's not straight roads though. There are so many twists and turns, the trip would be hard to do in less than an hour. The French preview says it takes 40min to drive around the island so something has to give. The preview also says it takes 20 minutes to drive side to side. I tried a straight (as much as possible) itinerary across the island, top to bottom, and the 20min + are plausible.

Today I tried to measure all the asphalt roads on the island, save for city streets. I'm still not done yet, I might be at 4/5th, but I'm shocked that the combined distance is just 200 miles. I measured 4/5th of Ibiza town, just to have an idea, and the combined distance is roughly 50 miles. At this point, even with the myriad of dirt roads and offroad trails and all the towns and developments, I just can't see 2500 miles on that island.

So I have to back down from what I believed originally, a 1:1 reproduction. On the other hand, I've verified that Eden couldn't have blown up Ibiza to make it 2.5x bigger than Oahu. The more reasonable explanation, at this point, is that they blew it up enough to bring it closer to Oahu in size, and made up wide and fast roads in order to keep speed freaks from hanging on to TDU 1 the way many people hanged on to San Andreas because GTA IV was smaller.

Maybe they included Formentera, which is south of Ibiza.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Well so far Windows 7 is the only thing I've ever legally purchased from Microsoft. Maybe I'll get a new Windows phone later this year. But if I'm going to get a 360, they have to add support for the G25 so that I can use it with Forza 3. Otherwise I'll be left waiting for GT5, TDU2, whatever NFS game comes out (being built by Criterion Games), and whatever Codies release next.

I believe they recently announced Grid 2 is going to be developed. I'm not going to get them though, both EA and Codemasters have shown the PC-community el grando middlefingero when it's about decent informing, patching and adding content, and they never reply to you when you ask why.

Too bad the graphics have to be dumbed down to XBOX level, but you cant have everything

Your comment is pathetic and useless. The game has to be Dev'd completely different for both consoles. See, if it didn't, then you could play X360 games on the PS3 and vice versa because the consoles would read all the same things.

Before you go off and make comments just to start flaming, make sure you know a little about your statement. :cheeky:

Here's a fix to your problem... If you want 'everything,' then get an Xbox.