We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: World's Fastest Mod

dredgy

so don't expect a quick release.

I wouldn't expect a release at all. I've seen this model on some modeller website, this model was bought off someone. And someone smart wouldn't release a model that was bought for some substantial amount of money for free, so if it is released, it will most likely be a paid mod, then we get into the realm of copyright's ect.

If i'm wrong (i highly doubt i am), ignore this....

I wouldn't expect a release at all. I've seen this model on some modeller website, this model was bought off someone. And someone smart wouldn't release a model that was bought for some substantial amount of money for free, so if it is released, it will most likely be a paid mod, then we get into the realm of copyright's ect.

If i'm wrong (i highly doubt i am), ignore this....

The only way it would be a paid mod is if FenixZ made it, he's the only one greedy enough to charge money for mods he didn't have any part in creating. He's done it with NFS models, GTA-SA models, wherever he can import a car from, he'll steal it and charge money for it.

Yeah cool i like this car :cool:

I seen black color aren't on good position but i think it's possible to edit this mistake with Zmodeler .

Good luck with this mod ;)

http://www.usedcarbuyingadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ssc-ultimate-aero-tt.jpg

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/aero-tt.jpg

i would prefer to take the model with the "mistake" cuz its somehow good looking:cheeky:

btw seeing this the first time i thought Dredgy want to break the roced for the fastes release:happyroll:

anyway this mod is just::chewy:

The only way it would be a paid mod is if FenixZ made it, he's the only one greedy enough to charge money for mods he didn't have any part in creating. He's done it with NFS models, GTA-SA models, wherever he can import a car from, he'll steal it and charge money for it.

A bit of light browsing on Google brings This and This up. I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. Hell, typing "SSC Ultimate Aero 3D Model" into Google bring up several results of this model.

So unless this is a different model, it isn't going to be released. probally only for private use, so it seems pointless to post a thread here for a possibly private mod.

Just because someone may have paid for a model doesn't mean that they would never release it as a mod. hell i have loads of "paid for" models ( a couple of the evermotion packs and 4 of the Dosch 3d packs along with a load of "loose" models) which i paid for myself . id be happy to hand some of those models over to people to work on, if they wanted. and the reason why id do it.. because i bought them for a specific purpose and now that purpose is over. so i dont need them really anymore.

Plus dont forget dredgy is a very respected member of this forum. its not like he would make a WIP thread showing off his work then turn around and say ( in one way or another ) " HAH screw you guys im not gonna release it" he's just not that kinda guy.

So don't you think its better to just chill out and wait ,rather than doubting one of the respected members..

@ Dredgy. Its a sweet model dude i really like it, would make for a really nice mod i think. Lol for a second or two i thought it was a Dodge m4s ppg interceptor turbo AKA " the wraith" ( VERY rare car ) i bought a model of one of those a few weeks back for an animation i was doing and i was thinking of converting it as a TDU mod, i think its gonna be way too much work for a first time mod tho, then i saw your pic and thought " NO WAY someone else is doing it " but then i saw someone had said it was a " Ultimate Aero TT " and i was a little sad inside :p but it will still be a sweet mod none the less, so good luck dude, lets hope to see it sometime in the future.. And yeah it does seem easier to edit the model in a proper 3d app then just convert it within Zmodeler, as ZM just doesnt have the same kinda toolsets that the bigger apps have.

I've seen dozens upon dozens of "paid for" models get released as free mods over the years, and at the same time I've seen people take free models and charge money for them. There is no pattern one way or the other.

If dredgy was going to start charging for the things he makes, he'd have done it by now with the Physics Editor.

If this was going to be a private mod, this topic wouldn't be here.

I've seen dozens upon dozens of "paid for" models get released as free mods over the years, and at the same time I've seen people take free models and charge money for them. There is no pattern one way or the other.

If dredgy was going to start charging for the things he makes, he'd have done it by now with the Physics Editor.

If this was going to be a private mod, this topic wouldn't be here.

:thumbsup:

At last .. someone who understands common sense.. I just dont get how fast people can turn on members of this forum... It would be like Tool saying " im gonna start a new mod using this model i paid for" and everyone suddenly saying " oooh hes either gonna charge for it or just not bother to release it" Dredgy is too big and respected to pull a stunt like that. And yeah if he Was gonna do something like that surely he would have done it with an awsome app like TDUPE rather than just a single ( and first time ) car mod.

Come on people try actually thinking before you say dumb stuff.. It doesn't come out as dumb then.

Polygons:

Yes, good luck then xD

As i said in the earlier post "And yeah it does seem easier to edit the model in a proper 3d app then just convert it within Zmodeler, as ZM just doesnt have the same kinda toolsets that the bigger apps have."

In lightwave 3d you have a wonderful tool called " Reduce polygons" that lets you set the percentage of reduction. you wanna halve the amount of polygons you have, just set it to 50% . Really not hard to do when you have the proper tools for the job. while trying to do mass detailing or reduction in Zmodeler may be a long winded process, for any of the well known apps like lightwave, 3dsMax, C4d, Maya. Things like that can be done in a very short space of time. Also a lot of high detail models are usually made from triangles. so all you have to do is convert Tri's to 4 point polys and BAMM instantly halved your poly count while keeping all the detail. So he doesn't really need luck ( even sarcastic luck) he just needs to click a button.

Hmm i wonder what other dumb things people can say..... Form an orderly queue please....

sorry that some people just not sit the whole day before ZMod try every button :rolleyes:

You have completely missed the point. it has nothing to do with trying every button in Zmodeler or even trying ANY button in Zmodeler. Zmodeler doesn't do all those kind of fancy things as its not a " proper" modeler. Its when you make things in a normal 3d app like Max or lightwave that you get that stuff. And seeing as Dredgy said he's using MAX to model this. he has access to all those nice commands. so reducing poly counts WON'T be difficult for him. THAT was the point.

What i mean is, if people started learning how to use something like Max or maya or lightwave and only using zmodeler for the final conversion. then optimizing models would be a breeze for them. I know thats not possible for everyone as a lot of poeple can't afford apps like MAX or lightwave. but the ones that have it, if they used those apps for the actual modeling and optimizing and only did the convertion in ZM then they would probably get easier and faster results. Then there wouldn't be any need for "snarky" or sarcastic comment, coz people would know its actually REALLY easy to optimize models pretty much regardless what the original poly count was.

The automatic poly reducers, especially the ones in Max, don't really work all that great most of the time because they use the same reduction percentage on every area of the models. This is not good when it comes to rounded areas.....

I always preferred to do it manually by pinching and welding verts in 3ds, the smooth areas stay smooth, the round areas stay round, and all is well.

And that polycount of 327,000 could be easily reduced after seeing those other pictures of it, it would be a safe bet that much of that number is in those fully modeled tires as well as the fully modeled headlights and taillights. I tried fully modeling a tire once just to see how hard it was......I broke 75,000 polys with only half a tire using 64 sides as the base for the tread......

If I remember right, TDU's tires are only 20 sided and are flat textured, not fully modeled. That's an easy poly reduction right there.

http://squir.com/index.php?str=main&kategoria=11&towar=1119

That's the original model. 327000 polygons. I have had it custom made and reduced, the polygon count on the fully edited model is around 75000: http://squir.com/index.php?str=main&kategoria=11&towar=1163

That second model was built specifically for me so it could be modded for TDU - at a substantial amount of money to myself - I have full permission to release it for free in TDU format, under my name. I'm not a particulaly good 3D modeller (Well, I can model, but not cars), so all I'm gonna really do is tweak some stuff and convert it.

If I fail to convert it, fine. I'll pay someone else to do it and let them have the credits. The only reason I'm doing this is because of advances in TDU Modding Tools and TDUPE that no one has taken advantage of, I just needed a model and there were no good free ones out there.

I am on an extremely high salary outside of the internet. I do not need money. I will not charge for anything, no matter how much I spend on them.

Yeah cool i like this car

I seen black color aren't on good position but i think it's possible to edit this mistake with Zmodeler .

Good luck with this mod

http://www.usedcarbuyingadvice.com/w...te-aero-tt.jpg

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-conte...02/aero-tt.jpg

2010 model has the full bonnet in black.

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/119513/2289/902812.jpg

I am on an extremely high salary outside of the internet. I do not need money.

I would soo love for you to prove that. Atleast with a picture or something, otherwise, it's all rubbish.

Also, back to the thing about a paid model. Assuming you are a "Businessman", the smartest thing for you to do as a "Businessman" would be to sell the model and make money to cover the loss. I know i would if i was in this kind of position. Another thing, i was was in the field you claimed to be in, i would atleast learn who to spell it correctly (Property developmer).

I'll take all this back if you can provide proof. But know, it's all a bit dubious.