We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Performance Editor Issues

Space_ACE

Hello, i have had this awesome program for a long while and it workeed well, only occasional crashes and exceptions after saving, but this morning, it just refused to save changes to anything i edited, i was using version 1.0, then i downloaded 2.5, and tried the same, and the same exception happened. does any one else have this problem? can anyone help me?

Here is the error log

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCar(String dataLine)

at TDUeditor.Form1.saveCarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase:

----------------------------------------

TDUeditor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase:

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase:

System

CodeBase:

System.Drawing

CodeBase:

ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.0

Win32 Version: 4.1.1.0

CodeBase:

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase:

System.Configuration

CodeBase:

System.Data

CodeBase:

System.Transactions

CodeBase:

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase:

TDUModdingLibrary

Assembly Version: 1.0.3715.2358

Win32 Version: 1.0.3715.2358

CodeBase:

DjeFramework1

Assembly Version: 1.0.3715.1976

Win32 Version: 1.0.3715.1976

CodeBase:

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks In Advance

Hmm, you should have the following:

CarShops.hex

output.hex

TDU_CarPhysicsData.db

TDU_CarPhysicsData.us

TDU_CarShops.db

Redownload 2.5, place it in a directory by itself and double check that your TDU directory is correct.

Then recheck that the files in the temp directory exist, both first when you run the application and again whe you press save.

i registered just to tell this...

i was also getting similar error on Windows 7 32bit.

2zjm5ba.png

2cnw3rl.png

i followed this tip of yours

Go to "Settings->Installation Directory" and change the text in the box to your installation directory. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE A TRAILING BACKSLASH. (E.g C:\Program Files\Test Drive Unlimited\)

Click outside the box onto the save button.

Exit TDUPE.

Restart TDUPE.

http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=287278&postcount=320

now i dont get any error at all :D

thanks dredgy

------------------

update:

my game crashes even before menu screen :D

what did i do wrong?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This may or may not help some people. The directory of your installation in the .config file must have a backslash at the end. It must be a backslash, not a forward slash. Even if it ends up like this: (C:\Users\11004\Videos\Test Drive Unlimited/) This worked for me.:)

Edit: It also seems that the editor is sensitive to certain settings. I changed the settings on one vehicle, and the game would crash every time it tried to start.

I suggest editing one value at a time, and then hitting the Save Car button.

As an example of the programs pickiness:confused:, I replaced the '69 Corvette Stingray, with the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon here: http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/28289-Comp-ct-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon. (The model was made by Comp@ct, and he did a great job.) However, when I just changed the brand name from Chevrolet to Jeep, without changing anything else, the game would not start. I guess I have to let it say Corvette Stingray.:D

• 1 year later...
Hmm, you should have the following:

CarShops.hex

output.hex

TDU_CarPhysicsData.db

TDU_CarPhysicsData.us

TDU_CarShops.db

Redownload 2.5, place it in a directory by itself and double check that your TDU directory is correct.

Then recheck that the files in the temp directory exist, both first when you run the application and again whe you press save.

Hi !

Tough i have the latest netframework ,sp maxed ... i still cant make tdupe to work .... i also mention that my installed game is in c:\pogram files\atari\tdu2...

and the unpaked one in d:\tdu unpaked... where i alse 'unrared' all tools in same folder [ tdupe , tdu mooding tools ] what am i doing wrong?

and if posible do upload [ temp ] directory content ...

Thankyou in advance.

• 11 months later...

Hello everyone. I use TDUPE for years, so far there were no problems until now.

I decided to add to the game DeLorean DMC in a free slot. All great, but I can't only change the name to DMC. I can select a name from the list (program provides it), but when saving then that name is not displayed properly. It looks like this:

[ATTACH]23508[/ATTACH]

Any ideas?

I also use TDUMT but changing model name or version is not a problem, I can easily change them in both TDUMT and TDUPE. Just can't change the brand (in TDUMT it calls "Manufacturer").

EDIT: TDUPE allows me to select from a list DMC brand, but program doesn't find that name (it shows inscription "resource not found" like on the attached screen) and in effect game crash when I try to launch it. On the other hand TDUMT doesn't includes DMC brand on the manufacturer list at all. DeLorean brand also doesn't exist there - at least for me, version 1.16.1.

Do you have patch 1.68b correctly installed?

Yes, of course.

I've read different topics in the forum and now I wonder, maybe it is simply a matter of adding a new brand (DMC or DeLorean) to the TDUMT car manufacturer list? Because eg. DMC name is already in the game - I see it when I open TDUMT \ DB Resources \ Brands, ID 75778357 and ID 75738337.

Yes, of course.

I've read different topics in the forum and now I wonder, maybe it is simply a matter of adding a new brand (DMC or DeLorean) to the TDUMT car manufacturer list? Because eg. DMC name is already in the game - I see it when I open TDUMT \ DB Resources \ Brands, ID 75778357 and ID 75738337.

Yep, DMC is not in the game. I'll have a look at this in the very near future. I can add cars, but add brands is pretty much the same process. I just have to understand how TDU make the brands works in the game. I can't promise anything, not sure it will work. :hmmm:

Just had a super quick look. Yep, idea is the same: copy and paste a line in the TDU_Brands.db file. To make it work, I don't know yet. I'll have a look later. And btw, The logo REF is 808 ;)

rebelinho, thx for your engagement.

Tob-Racer, so I wait for the effects of your "experiments" and at the same time try to solve the problem by trial-and-error method.

Yep :) I have not idea how and if it's gonna work. But I'll give a good try and if something good happen, I'll release a BETA. First I must finish my Car slot add-on project.