We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

July 17 - International 'Forum Moderators' Day

Ryzza5

I've often thought that the time forum moderators spend (esp with menial tasks) on their forums often goes unnoticed (maybe not so much on these forums, but you get the idea).

I was looking on this list of international observance days and saw that 1) International Talk Like a Pirate day is included, and 2) July has hardly any observance days.

I read the article for Pirate day to see how it took off and was added to the list, and was basically by word of mouth.

If you like this idea, simply mention it on another forum that you belong to, until a large number of forums are aware of it. Then, on July 17 of every year, we can, um, (haven't thought this far yet...) sing the praises of these selfless people and promise not to post bad stuff (that needs moderating) for 24 hours. (Other suggestions would be appreciated).

Feel free to post below and let me know what you think.

• 5 weeks later...
Doesn't Baldred already observe this day every day?

:cheeky:

Indeed he does, but I think he just doesn't want to press any buttons incase he breaks the forum.. again. :)

Oi! Less of that cheek you, you're not immune from a banning you know! :cheeky:

And neither are you. You can't even change your own name. :p

Indeed he does, but I think he just doesn't want to press any buttons incase he breaks the forum.. again. :)

And neither are you. You can't even change your own name. :p

But I can change yours if I wanted to :cheeky: