We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Motion blur related 2db

ljubljancan

I guess this is the best section to post this, since it has most to do with the environment and the general feel of the game. Now, I found 2 files, named rblurmask.2db and rblurmaskmap.2db in the FX folder, while randomly poking around in the modding tools file browser. After opening them, i noticed they bare a striking reseblence to alpha layers of any normal texture. I'm no modder, but as an idea, could one by editing either or both of these files extend the radial blur effect further into the center of the screen? Because this could actually be a partial answer to what people have been requesting for ages: more blur. Or screw things up completely, but any confident modders, please take initiative and look into this, just to see whether or not anything can be done with these "textures". You know, as an idea:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I know, old thread, but, game old too, but yet interesting, so. The black color are the areas not effected by the blurring. I think making this a smoother conversion between black and white, so to say more greylevels, will make the blur barrier softer also, and moves the blur area more to the middle of the screen. But i find it ok like it is in original dimensions, i have it very slightly activated or off anyways. When i installed winxp pro 64 bit in addition to my setup, i can run dds converter 2 again, and have a try on it.