We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

terzer: Ferrari 458 Italia 2010 RELEASED v2

terzer

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

highpoly models are not a problem, we used a 300 000 polys model for the gsxr then lowpolised some parts

the ferrari model i'm using was 50,000k original and was applied hyper nurbs, which can make the model up to 2,000,000polys (smooths the surface)

i know, i bought the maserati model, it was 900,000 (also the mazda, which was 700,000)

if you have 59 euros, there is an epic 3d model here ==> http://www.squir.com/index.php?str=main&kategoria=11&a=0&b=20&towar=1026

He couldn't use that, though. Releasing it (even as a mod) is the same as giving the model away for free - even if he did edit some un-viewable parts to improve performance. And every 3D model is slightly different - people tend to remember if they see the same car in two places. :)

-Leadfoot

UPDATE, new images and new video. I consider the exterior complete. The bug i have are the badges on the hood and on the fenders. The texture appears not properly when rotating the camera. I aslo tried 3d badges, also the same. The texture is proper (i checked the alpha) i spotted also, that on the original models (ferraris) its also so. Maybe it's so only on my PC. I'm beginning with interior texture making and mapping, but don't expect wonders, the interior is low poly, i'll try my best. I made the physics (consider that on the internet there are only performance and dimensions, no gear ratios, etc...) at least it will have similar performance, name, price....

so... Cheers! :)

its WAY out of propotions. especially at the rearend..

if u compare that render-drawing:

Ferrari_458_Italia_2.jpg

with that that picture

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

you may can see what i am talking about. its just way too flat, and im afraid that the roof has got too much perspective(according to your video).

you should ref some proportions on the enzo and the f430

good luck though

It's right, the model isn't perfect.

BUT,

I would like to thank all modder because they release a lot of new free car for TDU. ;)

I don't want to write "your model is bad, bla bla,..." because i know there is a lot of work behind a WIP or a release.

Just try to do your best, and please release (quickly!) this 458 !

Good Work and good luck ! :thumbsup: