We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Computer Limiters

I hope Atari doesn't mess up the cars that come with a limiter again. The Audi for example is limited to 155mph or 170mph BUT we know it goes faster.

Here's to hoping for a computer limiter rather than gearing limitation.

If the BMW's, Audi's and Mercs in this game have a limited top speed by gearing rather than a computer limiting the car to 155mph it won't be much fun driving those cars :( e.g. if you were able to tune an Audi RS6 to 730+ bhp then 215mph is possible and thats the basic chip and exhaust tune! lol :D

Depends which cars u're talking about. There are many Audi's, but I know what you mean.

A better example is probably the Skyline. It was very slow in TDU even after tuning. In real life it smokes allmost everything.

Well nearly all the Audi's that'll be in this game will be limited to 155mph. A3 (if its back in), the TTS etc etc.

I agree on the Skyline how the top speed was bloody atrocious!!!! The power to 60mph was defo there just lacked the power of the real top speed :( If the R35 GTR makes it to this game I hope they allow it to be tuned to 800bhp like in real life. But knowing Atari they will mess it up by asking Nissan what the top speed is and they'll say 112mph cause thats the limit in Japan I believe. Then the developers will say "Right its 112mph so that the limit" not thinking about thats what it'll be in 3rd gear in real life but they'll shove that in 6th :mad:

Well they have said that the tuning will be similar to Forza, I don't really know what that means since I've never played Forza but I would assume that if they are going to all the work of making what I would guess is an in-depth tuning system then they wouldn't mess the stock performance up very bad. Plus, don't forget that the R35 is only limited to 112 when it's on the streets, on race tracks the limiter is removed. Which brings me to my next point, if computer speed limiters are included, one of the first in game mods should be to remove them! :D

Ideal would be to buy a car with 155mph/250kmh limited speed,and then when you go to tuner shop buy first kit to remove limiter.That would be nice.
Exactly, this is the best thing I think as it would allow the manufacturers to stipulate what they want without compromising and demeaning their cars in the game.

Eden: "When stock the car should be with limiter and when upgraded the limiter can be removed, just like in real life"

Eden: "Agreed?"

Mercedes-Benz: "AGREED!"

Eden & Mercedes-Benz: "Alrighty then, time for lunch!"