We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Registration

Kinder

Eden and Atari gotta do this.I`m tired of seeing TDU505 on my plate number(i`ve changed it) but yet again there should be a personalized plate number thing.We go to the police precinct get a registration form fill it up and then we wait a day or two for them.Untill then we can drive with red numbers(those numbers you get to drive your car untill your numbers are done)And there should be a fee for it too.But players are not obliged to register their cars and drive around without numbers.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm,sorry,but Atari's definition of real life isn't same as ours.

Example,on my TDU CD box stands:Test Drive Unlimited isn't just any racing game,it's the way of life!.

You get what I mean.This is just too much.Maybe you will be able to personalize plate like in Juiced 2,but nothing else.

Remember-this is atari.

A good idea, a randomly genarated plate for you can when you buy it, and can be dffrenrt depending on the year the car came out!(for example, on a British plate...a 2006 Exige would be 'ST06 TDU', to show it's a 2006 car).

But i'd just stick with the idea MCLA has for when it come to personal plates...even if it means people will have offencive plates, although the game could have a block feture for it, kinda like jucised 2 had(blocked me from having 'Bullit' as a plate for a classic Mustang) and if someone does manage to slip threw...then a 'report player' ting can be used if anyone see its!

And a diffrent plate depending on where your from, could be good but at the same time...a British plate on a original Mustang ould look weird on a spanish island, but i can live with it!

That is a fantastic idea, i've been thinking about this for quite some time too. And yeah, the only thing that bothers me, really, is the offensive plates, which would definitely be a part of it, so player report just HAS to be an option here.

But i'm sad to burst our bubble here, but this (more than likely) won't be happening. I think it's just a little bit too much to ask for.

I think it's impossible to filter out évery single swearword on earth. They should then either have some helpdesk 24/7 that monitors and filters out bad words, and how are you going to prevent them from putting foreign swearing on it? Think of all the languages, thinks of all the swearwords in those languages, and think of all possible combinations of both words as the letter-nummer combo's.

But how are you going to do that when even 3 years after release people just started playing the game? I'm sure that nobody's interested in being a human check for all reported players for that long. And you can't let the server itself do it cuz there are like infinite possibilities and languages.