We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Preview (PCGAMER MAY2010 ISSUE)

The Queen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait you're going to be getting really wet in the SLR Stirling Moss then. :shocked:

Haha, just the way you said that made me laugh out loud. :D :lol:

I am seriously hyped for this game now though, especially after reading the OXM article as well... :eek:

So wait you're going to be getting really wet in the SLR Stirling Moss then. :shocked:

Depens how fast you drive :p . Although it doesn't have a front windscreen, Mythbusters have shown that at medium TDU cruisespeed (at least 140 km/h) a 911 Cabrio was able to stay dry at medium rainfall. Only problem is you gotta keep driving that speed untill it clears up or you reach the end of the cloud xD

I really hope there's an override function for roofs and lightning, but especially roofs.

And who knows, as they said they'll listen to community, perhaps we will get new locations. It's not impossible, look at Burnout Paradise with Big Surf Island.

And now we mention addons, how is the TDU2 Default Car going to look like? :D

I guess the yacht comes with its own private anchorage and grounds...10 car garage FTW...

The only thing I am really hoping for is realistic 'roll' characteristics, I want to do a 360 barrel roll and land it without a scratch, not get to 90 degrees and have the engine stall and park me nicely stationary in the weeds.

I also think Formentera will be a 'level' aquired bonus like H mode and the racing circuit.

I think A class cars should be too.

My toy car (see avatar) stays fairly dry inside above about 60mph, below that best be wearing waterproofs. The parcel shelf/rear speaker box gets soaked though as it gets the 'wash' from the windscreen like a waterfall.

It does sound like they have looked at the mods put up by the community too with the possibility of weather and 'moving parts', lets just hope the physics have improved to match.

I guess the yacht comes with its own private anchorage and grounds...10 car garage FTW...

The only thing I am really hoping for is realistic 'roll' characteristics, I want to do a 360 barrel roll and land it without a scratch, not get to 90 degrees and have the engine stall and park me nicely stationary in the weeds.

I also think Formentera will be a 'level' aquired bonus like H mode and the racing circuit.

I think A class cars should be too.

My toy car (see avatar) stays fairly dry inside above about 60mph, below that best be wearing waterproofs. The parcel shelf/rear speaker box gets soaked though as it gets the 'wash' from the windscreen like a waterfall.

It does sound like they have looked at the mods put up by the community too with the possibility of weather and 'moving parts', lets just hope the physics have improved to match.

I'd be happy even if you can roll your car in the game.Also IRL if you roll your car your not going to land it with out a sratch,and your engine will almost defanlty stall.

Moving parts.... Uh ow. Cars like the Veyron, the Murcie, but already confirmed, the SLR, have such active stuff.

I really hope they work this time. Even Codemasters has shown not to be interested of making such details where as Eden did it before..

Wow even I understand the Yatch joke. Anyway, the article is pretty short, but I like the painstaking detail part. Hard work to create small things effects the game a lot, like you guys said. All those "little" features will really make the game a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Hmm, I wonder if I could get one of these to wear in my car. :)

LOL. That'd be really weird though. :cheeky:

Raindrops on the leather seats sounds good (unless they're your seats).

I would line up and pay to watch Melman fall in the water 9 times :)

Maybe the yacht is the mode of transport between Ibiza and Formentara (or whatever its called), which would mean only the rich could get down there.

Boats and cars in the mediterranean, i'm in heaven :)

Nice, I'm liking the part about a yacht! Hopefully i'll be able to keep a Caterham on it.....

The garage things are well good. I'm in poole (where they make sunseekers) alot and go past these. One opened up and two jet skis drove out the back of it! Others have jet boats (williams tenders) that came out. Really do need these in TDU :)

It's not unreasonable to think we might end up with jet skis and whatnot in the future. Eden have said they're in it for the long haul, this time and will work on expanding the game in whatever direction and for however long the community wants. Bikes have been mentioned as possible DLCs, as well as islands. So, who knows...