We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Preview (OXM UK May 2010) Scans

t.

Also remember the big 3 bike manufacturers may still be not keen to be in a non-track based game though in all honesty that would imo be completely to their detriment as it's Kawasaki, Ducati and MV Agusta that's getting all the love and exposure to kids and beyond.

It's going to be a shame to miss the bikes, but I'd rather them do it properly than bodge them...

Don't forget we had the mighty Triumph in TDU1!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the author of the magazine put a hint about the walking thing

"Players can not only walk freely around their cars - even when they're sat on the starting line waiting for a race" -

if this is true we probably will be able to walk out from the car everywhere(maybe),

if the player can walk around the car when hes at the start line of the race then we might be able to walk anywhere on the map.

(we cant be 100% sure about the walking ability so this phrase is more convincing though eden might change it)

"Players can not only walk freely around their cars - even when they're sat on the starting line waiting for a race" -

if this is true we probably will be able to walk out from the car everywhere(maybe),

if the player can walk around the car when hes at the start line of the race then we might be able to walk anywhere on the map.

(we cant be 100% sure about the walking ability so this phrase is more convincing though eden might change it)

You should go back and read the full sentence. Based on this preview and the previous ones it is almost certain that the walking will be restricted to designated areas (dealerships, malls, race spots etc...). I hope to be wrong but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Nascarbuc maybe you are right but anyway i prefer the game to have a complete ability to walk rather than to have it restricted to specific places.

i already read the article and theres no mention of any restriction like you say (malls,dealership) maybe in the other article.

talking about disappointment im already disappointed and im not only referring to graphics but also to other things like that the game is going to feel dead again, there wont be any kind of life forms :) except for the online players (and it doesnt have to do anything with running over people like in gta).

Nascarbuc maybe you are right but anyway i prefer the game to have a complete ability to walk rather than to have it restricted to specific places.

i already read the article and theres no mention of any restriction like you say (malls,dealership) maybe in the other article.

talking about disappointment im already disappointed and im not only referring to graphics but also to other things like that the game is going to feel dead again, there wont be any kind of life forms :) except for the online players (and it doesnt have to do anything with running over people like in gta).

Nothing is cast in stone, rather it is implied in the reviews I've read so far. I'm a sucker for total freedom so the ability to walk, and do just about anything one can do in GTA4 or Far Cry 2 (okay... short of killing people or destroying property) is a huge want for me.

I agree with the lack of pedestrians, it seems to be the next frontier. It used to be damages, but now that car manufacturers have more or less had to resign themselves to the idea that their babies could be scratched virtually, now they'll have to be convinced their brand wont suffer when little Timmy runs over virtual people. Add the technological challenge and the drain on computing resources to the equation, and I don't expect this feature for a few years. And I've found myself driving in really dead places, like the northeast of France in August, or parts of rural Italy on Sundays, so a lifeless rural mediterranean island doesn't bother me much.

CLR-GTR yeah but thats why i wrote "and it doesnt have to do anything with running over people like in gta" eden just need to make it feel more lifelike so it will be more improved in that aspect of the game (without the possibility to run over people), thats how i see it.

Nascarbuc about taste in games we cant argue, however i do agree about other things such as the low poly (low detail) roads from tdu1 for example they must fix that, and im sure that they will so atleast there is a chance that the game will be a really good game after all.

URGH! 7 MONTHS! ahaha, ah well... With all the recent news, with SEVEN months to go, i can only trust that there will be more, better, excitinger (yuss! making words up ftw) news til release day :D still no ability to pre order it at EB Games though (at least not at my local)
I would think the realese date would be sometime in september,seeing how thats the mounth the first tdu was realeased,also if i remeber correctly a french website predicted tdu 2 would be realeased in september

I thought tdu was released in May?

Yes, the PC version was delayed three times because of copyright whining (and it was always delayed on the day it was supposed to be released). The final release was in March, with the digital download coming around a week before the DVD version.

The 360 version, on the other hand, was released as promised on September 5, 2006.

EDIT: Whoa, my reply took longer than I thought. Guess you guys beat me to it. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot