We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crazy Winter Mod auto setup program v1.5

TheDuck38

Creator : TheDuck38

Original mods by Opelos_HUN and iLLusion

This is not exactly a mod... The purpose is to install automatically and handle the Crazy Winter Edition v1.5 by Opelos_HUN. It can be enhanced by the lighting mod 'Winter Paradise' from iLLusion.

After reading the 500 posts in this mod thread, and the difficulties that people had to install the mod, I decided to make a stand alone program that installs the mod, and allows user to switch between the different roads provided. It is also very easy to backup to normal mode at will...

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/TheDuck48/Divers/AutoinstallerCWEv15-1.png

The bad new is that the download is the original size of the mod, i.e. 1,2 Gb !

Here are the GameFront links :

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21329427/TDU_CWE_AS_1_51_7z_001/

http://www.filefront.com/16033995/TDU-CWE-AS-1_51.7z.002/

http://www.filefront.com/16036297/TDU-CWE-AS-1_51.7z.003/

http://www.filefront.com/16036763/TDU-CWE-AS-1_51.7z.004/

http://www.filefront.com/16035733/TDU-CWE-AS-1_51.7z.005/

... and facing the various download problems of users, I include a checksum of the files, so that anybody can verify the data integrity :

http://www.filefront.com/17358352/TDU CWE AS 1_51 Checksums.txt

A tool for checksum calculation can be found here : http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/75110491

Although I wrote 'Beta' in the installer, the thing is fully tested on XP and 7...

WARNING : YOU MUST NOT CHANGE THE MODE WHILE TDU IS RUNNING... this is not securized in the posted version and induce a situation where you cannot use the setup program anymore...

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES

---------------------

USEFUL NOTES (from users inputs) :

- For Vista, Win7 users : the program needs to have full access to your TDU directories and sub directories. For this, you need to :

o Give full access to 'User' for TDU dir and subdir

o Remove the Read Only tag for TDU dir and SubDir (it seems they're ReadOnly by default)

- Procedure for Manual restoration :

o If you made a copy of TDU folders, you can replace Euro\Bnk... this is the long but easiest way !

o Otherwise, go into <TDU Folder>\TDU Winter\Restoration TDU Normal Mode\...

+ There locate the .script file and open it with Notepad

+ Inside there are lines written like this : commonworld.bnk@\Euro\bnk\Level\Hawai\... this means the file 'Commonworld.bnk' should be placed inside the <TDU Folder>\Euro\bnk\Level\Hawai\. Just take the file named 'Commonworld.bnk' that is in 'Restoration' folder and place it inside the correct destination folder. Do this for all lines of the script file.

+ Go into <TDU Folder>\Euro\Bnk\Level\... there should be a 'Hawai' directory and a 'Hawai Original' Directory. Rename 'Hawai' as 'Hawai winter' and 'Hawai original' as 'Hawai'...

Other possibility : you have 'Hawai' and 'Hawai winter'... then nothing to do.

-> it is basically what the program does... except that it checks many thing before doing it. And does nothing if the files are not exactly as they are supposed to be.

---------------------

As this is my first thread, I hope everybody will forgive the mistakes I could make.

There is a ReadMe file with the installer, please read it ;), as there is important information inside.

For the rest, everything goes by itself.

Enjoy....

Crazy Winter Edition mod 1.5 by Opelos_HUN : http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15313

Winter paradise 2.0 by iLLusion : http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=17879

-----------------------

LATEST NEWS

-----------------------

Working on a new version that prevents the user to change mod when TDU is running...

... and where you'll find more season and lighting mods !!!

The new version is working...

TheDuck38

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, thanks for this. Great way of "completing" the mods from OPELOS_HUN and iLLusion. Works like a charm when I sorted out a few bugs. I had to remove "read only" from the TDU folder before it would install the different roads, and the first time I start the game up from the auto setup I have to start it twice. Last seems to happen just the first time after installation of this mod. Also set the permission to full on user. I am running Win7 x64.

And thanks again for this, have tried to install these mods for a few days and finally it works :excited: :thumbsup:

yeah i really like your idea ... but which programm i need to unzip the files ? i downloaded this files and then ? dont know how to handle now

Hello Rabbit,

You need 7zip; it is a freeware available here :

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you'll have installed it, you just click on the first segment (file.7z.001) and you should see a window with a directory called 'CWE AS v1.5' inside.

Just drag and drop this directory onto your desktop (or anywhere) and inside there's the ReadMe file (very important !!!) and the installer...

Hope this will be enough.

Note : if you get another .7z file inside the 7zip application window (when you click on the first segment), it means that your files are corrupt... it can happen when downloading. In this case, just download again:(:(:(

TheDuck38

thx duck for your information ..... yeah i got the problem with the zip int the zip ^^ that already was my problem ... ;) i will test ist with another dl now =)

I had the problem when downloading Mega Upload files to check them... The first one had a wrong check-sum... I had to upload it again and download it again to have it correct. I suppose problems can occur either during upload or download, as it's big files.

Anyway, I could finally get the 5 files with a correct check-sum, this means they're good on the server...

TD38

I'm not sure but the readme could include a few more imporent informations or so.

I had the same problem as Mithrandster to run the mod.

This "tdu folders and files are not allowed to have read only attirube" thingy blocks the application to run properly yet most files seem to use read only by default at last on my Vista PC. Maybe this and "how to restore manually the default non winter mode would be a benefit for users to fix starting problems.

Also if I want to use Winter Paradis.... where do I have to Install that one so the application can handle it properly? Or is it only nessery to press the checkbox ?

I'm not sure but the readme could include a few more imporent informations or so.

I had the same problem as Mithrandster to run the mod.

This "tdu folders and files are not allowed to have read only attirube" thingy blocks the application to run properly yet most files seem to use read only by default at last on my Vista PC. Maybe this and "how to restore manually the default non winter mode would be a benefit for users to fix starting problems.

Also if I want to use Winter Paradis.... where do I have to Install that one so the application can handle it properly? Or is it only nessery to press the checkbox ?

Hello Reilsss,

You are right, I did not give enough information in the ReadMe file... I was afraid people get bored by reading a so long file.

As it is included in the archive, I cannot change it for now. So :

-> It will be corrected in next version

-> I added in the original text of the post the two things you said : removing ReadOnly tag on TDU folder and procedure for manual restoration.

Concerning you last question : you just need to press the checkbox, and the files are added to the next 'sub-mode' you will select/activate. Same procedure to remove the Witer paradise mod : just uncheck the box and it will be gone after next sub-mode activation.

Within the text I added to the original post, you have the way the program works. It goes inside the sub-mode corresponding folder in TDU Winter, opens the .script file and read the files to move and where they go.

If you want to customize you version, you can add some files in the sub-mode directories, and add the corresponding lines in the .script files.

Don't forget to add also the original files in the Restoration folder and restoration.script...

Bye

TheDuck38

Issues when decompressiong - damaged files

Can not install it, it just extract till about 15-18% then it ends.

What's wrong?

Hello,

Your files may be corrupted... it can happen when downloading big files.

For all users who got damaged files during the download process, I added a checksum txt file so that you can check every files you downloaded... and re-download only the necessary.

Inside the checksum text file, there is a link where to find a program to calculate them, and the algorithm I used.

Hope this will help.

TheDuck38

• 4 months later...
Says first archive is corupt :( cant install it god dammit...

Yes it also happened to me when I checked if my own files were working... TCP/IP is not a perfect protocol...

Just download the checksums file, and the checksum utility. You'll know for sure which file is damaged... then you'll have to reload it !

Then you can upgrade to "Season mod installer" to have all the other mods available and eventually make your own mod package :D

TheDuck38

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've extracted all the files and i'm onto installing the mod, however when I do, it comes up with this message: "There is an error in the install script: C:Program Files/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/TDU winter/Snowy light/Snowy light.script.

Do I need to download the actual different roads aswell?

Can you tell me what files you find inside the directory "C:Program Files/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/TDU winter/Snowy light/" ?

Can you also open the "snowy light.script" file and give me the content (it is a text file) ?

The most probable cause of your problem is that you didn't select "C:Program Files/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/" as install directory when you launched the .exe installer (the one with the music)...

Can you tell me what files you find inside the directory "C:Program Files/Atari/Test Drive Unlimited/TDU winter/Snowy light/" ?

Can you also open the "snowy light.script" file and give me the content (it is a text file) ?

I can't see any files in there. :( Do I have to download 'Snowy Light' roads from the original thread first? I haven't downloaded anything else yet.

Did you create the TDU winter folder yourself, or was it done by the installer ? It's possible the installer bugged if there was already a folder with this name. Can you search on your disk if it did not put the stuff elsewhere ?

Do you have 4Gb less on your disk (the size of the mod) ?:D:D

Did you create the TDU winter folder yourself, or was it done by the installer ? It's possible the installer bugged if there was already a folder with this name. Can you search on your disk if it did not put the stuff elsewhere ?

Do you have 4Gb less on your disk (the size of the mod) ?:D:D

Hmm maybe, I created it because it didn't work though. I'll have a look now, and yes I do :lol: Thankfully i'd uninstalled some stuff because it was like 92% full :eek: