We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crazy Winter Mod auto setup program v1.5

TheDuck38

:fp:

You need to type "cd c:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited"

cd stands for change directory. So once you type the above code and press enter it should say "C:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited" instead of "C:\Users\Tim>"

Then once you have changed the directory just type in "attrib -R /D /S " and press enter. Voila.

Hope I helped.

Thanks, done now.

However, it's still completely ignoring me and will not deselect 'Read-only'. :mad:

Edit: Wait.. the error message didn't show :eek:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hello Agok

Can you check two things, please :

- Can you make a screenshot of the contents of the folder "c:/program files/atari/tdu winter/snowy normal"

- What do you read if you open "c:/program files/atari/tdu winter/snowy normal/snowy normal.script" with a text editor ?

You should find inside the .script file some lines like 'xxx@yyy', it means for the application "install the file xxx (that is in the same folder as the .script file being read) in the game folder yyy"

So the files must be present in the folder that contains the .script (these are the modded ones)...

And the destination files must also exist in the game folder that is specified after the '@'...

Tell me.

TD38

Hey again,

edit: Yeap - i added \Test Drive Unlimited after the @ and it installed the mod :) (the benefits of simple coding)!

Thank you for the help! Truly great mod

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

and the text inside the script file is following:

RoadPatch.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\Details\

CommonWorld.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\

Common.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules\

ConfigPC.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\

DEMO_END.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\

GENERAL.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\

LOG_IN.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\

map.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\

Particles.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\FX\

setbush.2DB@\Euro\Bnk\FX\

setgrass.2DB@\Euro\Bnk\FX\

Hawai.bnk@\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai\

But,i think the error comes with the Euro folder,because i have one outside the test drive unlimited folder (it's created, when i install the "installer" into atari folder) & one inside it.So the installer is trying to change the 1st one (instead of the original one) - am i heading the right direction ?

Hoooo I hadn't seen !

Your problems come from the fact you have installed everything inside 'c:/program files/atari' instead of 'c:/program files/atari/test drive unlimited'.

I should have seen this from your screenshot...

You'll have to replace all the .script files if you want to work like that...

What I strongly recommend :

- Change the .script file of the restauration folder in 'TDU winter' to be sure the installer will work.

- Restore to normal version

- Uninstall my app with the uninstaller that goes with (be carefull, the uninstaller will probably ask if you want to remove TDU original files.... don't say yes !).

- Download the Season Mod installer (the v2 of my app - just check my signature)

- Install in a row the TDU Winter, and the Season Mod apps. MAKE SURE TO SPECIFY THE TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED FOLDER TO INSTALL INSIDE. In your case, you went one folder before.

Be careful to be in 'normal' mode before uninstalling the app.

This should then work as intended... and the next version is really more versatile. As you understood the way it works, you'll be able to create your own custom install with any mod. You'll also have a log file to troubleshoot.

Don't hesitate if you need further help...

TheDuck38

• 4 weeks later...

I get the same problem as Superveloce at page 2, Can't I somehow install this manually with these files :(

Because I don't know what is wrong with this.

edit:

And when I apply winter mode, it gives error, but when I go to the game, load it, it says: "lost internet connection" or something and shuts the game down.

Then I tried second time, it doesn't give that connection thing, game freezes when I load it :S.

I tried to make new game, but it freezes too.

Hello,

You can install manually the mod with the files, but you'll get a non working application that may already have corrupted your game if you tried to use it and it went bad...

What I suggest :

* Use the manual restoration procedure if the application restoration does not work (procedure is in the thread first post)

* Try to get it working (because it's quite pleasant to put or remove the winter modes only with a few clicks) - in most of the cases the problem is that the TDU folder and subfolders are read only. To check this , you can try to duplicate a file in the bnk folder and random subfolders.

You can follow the method I gave to Superveloce to use the Dos command and remove the readonly tags.

Read carefully the Readme file that goes with the app. There's necessary information inside.

* If you want to install by yourself the winter mod from my files, open the TDU Winter subfolders (they correspond to the winter modes). Locate and open the "<mode>.script' file (text file).

Inside there's a coding saying "file F goes in folder XX", written like F@XX.

For each line of the script file, you need to take the corresponding file in the same folder as the script, and put it in the folder indicated after the @....

Then, you'll have a "Hawai winter" folder in <tdu folder>/euro/bnk/level. Rename the 'Hawai' folder as anything eles, and the 'Hawai winter' as 'Hawai'.

It's done for the selected mode (for example : snowy light).

To restore, the files are in the restoration folder. Same way, except you restore the original Hawai folder and rename the winter's one.

Concerning the servers, I was told (but didn't check) that Atari is moving the TDU servers onto the TDU2 hardware... they should be off for one week or more.

[Edit] You'll also need DJ's magic map to have almost any mod running without crashing the game.

TheDuck38

Yeah the TDU works fine after I click the restoration in the installation program, it works like normally. But I'll try that. And I have the Magic map thing.

[Edit] I unselected the "read only" thing, now it installed the snow mod!! BUT, the game won't even start, it comes the first loading screen of the game, then it just closes it :S

[Edit2] Now I got it work with only "snowy" and without the winter paradise. with paradise, it won't open and I got it only work with snowy, well I try other ones too.

[Edit3] all modes work, without Winter Paradise 2.0 thought :(, it is very buggy, the roads will just end (?) and cars will drop to nowhere :o and sometimes comes "connection lost" and game closes (WTF)

Yeah the TDU works fine after I click the restoration in the installation program, it works like normally. But I'll try that. And I have the Magic map thing.

[Edit] I unselected the "read only" thing, now it installed the snow mod!! BUT, the game won't even start, it comes the first loading screen of the game, then it just closes it :S

[Edit2] Now I got it work with only "snowy" and without the winter paradise. with paradise, it won't open and I got it only work with snowy, well I try other ones too.

[Edit3] all modes work, without Winter Paradise 2.0 thought :(, it is very buggy, the roads will just end (?) and cars will drop to nowhere :o and sometimes comes "connection lost" and game closes (WTF)

Do you get any error from my app when trying to set the winter paradise mode ?

did you get the 'Season mod setup' ? or just using the 'Winter auto setup ' ?

TD38

Do you get any error from my app when trying to set the winter paradise mode ?

did you get the 'Season mod setup' ? or just using the 'Winter auto setup ' ?

TD38

No I don't get any errors and I used just winter auto setup, because the Season mod setup didn't start :confused:

So I don't understand your last Edit... is the game working in winter mode ? Is my app doing its job correctly ?

I think the ingame crashes you get come from Atari servers that are being moved. This mod was used by many people with no major issue like you have, except when not installing the Magic Map.

Concerning the Season mod, it really worth installing; maybe you could get the checksum files and see if you didn't get a corrupt file when downloading (quite often).

Don't forget that you must be in restored mode (normal mode) if you upgrade the app to season mod...

By the way, the season mod app has a log file that can greatly help to troubleshoot...

Don't hesitate if you're still stuck with errors...

TD38

So I don't understand your last Edit... is the game working in winter mode ? Is my app doing its job correctly ?

I think the ingame crashes you get come from Atari servers that are being moved. This mod was used by many people with no major issue like you have, except when not installing the Magic Map.

Concerning the Season mod, it really worth installing; maybe you could get the checksum files and see if you didn't get a corrupt file when downloading (quite often).

Don't forget that you must be in restored mode (normal mode) if you upgrade the app to season mod...

By the way, the season mod app has a log file that can greatly help to troubleshoot...

Don't hesitate if you're still stuck with errors...

TD38

I meant it works without winter paradise, but it is buggy. The roads will end and it crashes all the time when I'm playing, got it now?

OKay I try to install it again, thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys, when I instal the mode and select a kind of road (snowy light, full snowy, etc) it says "instalation went wrong and was stopped. A restoration (maybe manual) of normal mode is strongly advised"

It is the second time that happens =/

Do you know what am I doing wrong?? =(

Hello,

There are several reasons that lead to this message. The most common is that you didn't switched TDU folder and subfolders to Read/write. Depending if you are using Win Xp, 7 or Vista there is some vital piece of information in the readme file.

If it's your issue, do not try to restore before changing the folders to read/write.

If your issue is something else, please indicate :

- your system

- if you are using Crazy winter auto installer or the Season mod installer

I'll try to help you.

TD38

Hello,

I see Win Vista or 7 ? On these OS you need to "give full access to user" (I quote it because I have XP and don't know the way to do it on other OS).

... and remove the readOnly tag to TDU folder AND SUBFOLDERS.

The message displayed at the bottom of the app says that it's copying the RoadPatch.bnk file in its related folder => the most probable issue is that you (the app) don't have the write access to this folder...

You can check by trying to duplicate a file inside c:/program files/atari/test drive unlimited/euro/bnk/Details ... if you can't it means you don't have write right.

Tell me...

TD38

Hi !!

My OS is Windows XP (i have a vista skin)

I can make a duplicate folder inside DETAILS. I dont know whats going wrong :S

As you have XP, didnt you have problems at the moment of the installation?

By the way, I dont know how to "give the full access to user", is that very difficult?

Thanks for helping me :)

Hi !!

My OS is Windows XP (i have a vista skin)

I can make a duplicate folder inside DETAILS. I dont know whats going wrong :S

As you have XP, didnt you have problems at the moment of the installation?

By the way, I dont know how to "give the full access to user", is that very difficult?

Thanks for helping me :)

Hi,

If you have XP, no need to change access for user.

You can try this to be absolutely sure you have write access to TDU files :

Start menu => Run => type "cmd" in 'open' field, then OK => you get the DOS interface

Then type :

cd c:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited (return)

or :

cd c:\archivos de programa\atari\test drive unlimited (return) => depends on the language of your system

attrib -R /D /S (return)

... this will set the read/write tag to TDU and all subfolders.

Then try again to set a road mode in the app.

If it is still not working, can you make a screenshot of the files you find in :

c:/archivos de programa/atari/test drive unlimited/TDU winter/snowy normal/ ?

TD38

=D

Now it works !!!!

Thank you very much Duck :P

haha

now i have only one question, I cant see my houses. Is that normal? lol

Yes, it is a bug from the original files. No houses, no 'interacting' buildings...

Happy to know that you got it working.

You should think of upgrading to 'Season mod installer'. Just check my signature...

If you upgrade, please don't forget to RESTORE NORMAL MODE BEFORE UPGRADING !

The Season Mod gives more mods (winter, autumn, "Jungle") and lighting effects. It's more versatile, and has a logfile in case of problem.

Bye.

TD38