We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Some scattered questions

Honneamise

1. Is it possible to change gender of your character without making a new game? I've had my game for two years and made the character female, thinking I'd never get to play online so it didn't matter, but as of Sunday I finally can and want to avoid confusion as I'm not (my XBL name is no help either). Also don't want to start all over with no cars or money.

2. I have all but one DLC car pack on my 360 (only one bought, though), I guess TDU downloaded them automatically during the update when I first went online. Except pack 3 isn't there, so during races I often see "Car not downloaded" and just have to go by class for selecting my equivalent car. Is there any way to get the pack file (locked of course) on my system without buying it?

3. In a race I find that people, the good players that get to the finish first, will stop and wait. Is that to let new/poor players like myself win or just so the back racers can catch up and avoid getting counted out? I never know whether to cross the line or wait also when they do this.

I had a fourth question but heck if I can remember now.

Anyway, any help with those three is appreciated.

1. I don't think it is possible to change the gender after you have started a game. But don't worry about it, not many people pay attention to the person inside the car.

2. You have to go to the Xbox Live Marketplace on the dashboard ad navigate to the TDU page and download all of the free cars. The free car packs give you one free car but allow you to see the rest of the cars that you haven't paid for. You just can't drive them.

3. It depends who it is to be honest. Some people do it to help other people get the achievements for winning online races and some people do it so everyone has a chance of finishing the races.

1. Heh I hope so.

2. I never noticed the free car files were so big. I re-downloaded the free Cadillac and pack 3 was hidden in that. I'll never have to see that orange/red scheme on the generic car again. Thanks.

3. So, I should just carry on over the line or stop too? Maybe it isn't a big deal I guess.

3. In a race I find that people, the good players that get to the finish first, will stop and wait. Is that to let new/poor players like myself win or just so the back racers can catch up and avoid getting counted out? I never know whether to cross the line or wait also when they do this.

I'm pretty sure I know the people you're referring to here. They do it so you can finish the race and get a time rather than being DNF'd all the time. If they've stopped at the line then feel free to drive past them, they aren't in it to win and they've done these races countless times before and mainly chase lap and race times and if they aren't on course for a record will wait at the end.

it's not always to chase times - sometimes it's just to improve.

i hardly ever make notes of my times.

we wait mostly so as not to discourage those just starting out.

it's all a bit inconsistant really - sometimes some will wait some never will. others will wait one minute then go straight ahead the next.

don't worry about it - the only real sin is picking a faster car when you don't need it, not waiting and dnf'ing people...

shoupette likes to stop and wait alot - him/her/they really don't bother with people taking the mickey in faster cars or anything like that.

more often than not myself and duck will pick slower cars than the oposition and not stop...

but as i say it all can change from race to race.

if you can play fair and get to the finish line 1st i'd say go for it ;)