We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

fifomaniak: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Sound

fifomaniak

As previous Z06 sound was made a long, long time ago, it's another remake from the beginning. Much better transitions, better quality starter etc... Why should I talk so much? Hear it yourself!

Ignition time: 0.58 seconds

19.04: I now fixed the off sounds cause Urban was obviously right :o (thanks for that), and the download for the new version is available. Also the preview is new. I keep the old one tho, so you have a comparision.

Before:

[TUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

After:

[TUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

Yes, it is better than the previous one.

But...there always is a "but" : the "off" isn't synchronised with the "on". This is what I mean: When you release the gas (for example at high rpm) the sound that you hear (offhigh) doesn't have a high enough pitch so it doesn't sound natural.

Hope you see what I mean. That's quite an easy fix.

Cheers.

No, that's not easy to fix and I'll tell you why. In this particular sound all off sounds have a moment of high pitch at the beggining. So, on the beginning they seem good, then they go a bit lower. If I would change something, the transitions between offs will be ruined. And personally, for me, the synchronicity between onhigh and offhigh is good, maybe offhigh is even a little bit too high. But this is just my opinion :)

Edit: Or maybe something in TDU's sound settings for Z06 is not good. Because listen to the synchronicity between onhigh and offhigh. Offhigh is too high pitched. And in the mid samples offhigh is too low. But transitions between all off sounds are practically perfect. So actually, the only option is to try doing Z06 sound based on other sound. But it's doing same work again and I have really no motivation to do it.

Lol how could the offhigh be too high pitched? It's clearly underpitched. Every off sample has to have the same pitch with the analog on sample. That's how the real thing is.

It is your mod anyway so do what you think it's best.:cheeky:

Cheers, mate.

In this particular sound all off sounds have a moment of high pitch at the beggining. So, on the beginning they seem good, then they go a bit lower.

There's an easy fix for that, use GoldWave to cut the beginning off the sample, just select the section you want gone, then press the Delete button on your keyboard.

GoldWave is like PhotoShop for sounds, it can do tons of stuff.