We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Season Mod Auto installer by TheDuck38

TheDuck38

Thank you so much, I will check it out and give a full report on what happens.

---------- Post added at 4:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:05 PM ----------

Turns out I didn't undo the "Read Only" property, still going to try and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 4:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:09 PM ----------

That was my problem! Thanks alot! It installed perfectly with the DarkRoads, Tropical Paradise and the Weather Mod! Big thumbs up!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very quick reply : you need to edit the weatherdesc.ini and weather.ini files. There is a parameter called 'Timescale' that modifies the weather changing speed.

If you installed a 'sub-mode' it changed the weather behavior...

Go to the threads concerning the mods I implemented in my app (just click on 'Credits') to get more information.

TD38

Would I have to reinstall the mods, and one more question, Do I change it in the Season mod directory in the TDU Folder?

---------- Post added at 8:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:07 PM ----------

Sorry to bother you so much, I just dont want to do anything wrong.

Hello,

Basicly, my app just moves modified files from the 'TDU Season' folders to your TDU folders. It just makes a backup of the original files to restore the 'normal' situation at will.

If you read the log file, you will understand what happens, as it is clearly written. Just try different installs and have a look to the log.

I make a difference between 'Mod' (ie 'main' mode like winter or autumn) and 'sub-mod' (for example weather modification that can be added to the main mode).

So if you wan to play with the weather files, you may restore the normal mode, and then modify both 'Weather.ini' and 'WeatherDesc.ini' in the folder of the sub-mod that you want to install (let's say Maciuk's weather mode for example).

Then, when you install the sub-mod with my app (so Maciuk's, in my example case), it will move the changed files to your game folder.

There's also a possibility with the 'Custom install' to put whatever files you want to install in the correct folder and use the app to switch these files at will. Just read the readme file for more information about this option.

So now, you may see that in fact, changing directly a file may not do what you want, as if you change an original file (directly in TDU folders), it will be replaced by the modded ones when you switch to any mod; and if you change some of the modded files in one of the TDU Season folder, it will work only for this mod when you select it and not the others (except if you change all the same files in all the Season mod folders)...

Combining mods is very complicated as you need to replace 'elementary files' inside the big ones (.bnk files). There is a tool to do it called "TDU Modding tool" available on this forum. In most of the cases, different mods affect the same bnk files, but not the same elementary files inside. So to combine mods, you must know exactly what you are doing.

In my case, I decided to 'pre-define' mods and the way to combine them to avoid mixing (and messing) everything with no control, and very complicated restoration after (I also had to think in terms of algorithm and interface)... so my app does not allow anything, but is simple to use and makes in a few seconds what would take much more time !

Edit : I also recommend -again- to make a complete backup of TDU before starting to play with mods !!!

Edit2 : For your problem of "not changing weather" it means that you may have installed a mod that removes or slows the weather cycles; just edit the weatherdesc.ini and weather.ini to know : Weather.ini contains the descriptions of the different weathers (and lighting effects). WeatherDesc.ini contains the cycles of these different weathers.

TD38

• 1 month later...

Okay, Ive managed to find the Weather files. Question. Is moving the timescale UP going to make transition faster? I checked the timescale, and it said: 50.

Don't really know if this is slow/fast.

(Again, sorry for bieng such a pain.)

---------- Post added at 7:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:47 PM ----------

Never mind. Got it. Thanks for your help.

• 4 years later...