We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Speedtest.net is wrong... sortof

TimBud

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still annoys me that we have such a pathetic upload in the UK. Carboy's is much better.

That's just Virgin being tight pocketed. As soon as BT roll out their fibre network more, Virgin will increase their upload speeds to match that of BT or just a bit higher.

• 11 months later...
I'm only on a 50kb plan sadly :( $50 a month with phone line bundled.

You are joking me..right? :ill:

Then its truth when they say we have some of the most cheap internets in portugal, and hey, great service

for 50€ you can get 200mb Optic Fibre lol.........

I have 12Mb internet(at least i pay for it) and my internet costs around 20€ per month with telephone included!

1246699451.png

Notice the slower than 53% of PT^^

I pay $160/75 pounds a month and this is what I get.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1246811416.png

Compared to some others, the speed is not too bad but the price, well that's in it's own league.

The ping is a bit worrying though. It did take ages to load up...

Austin the Ping can also be the router's fault incase its crappy.

When my new internet was installed (12Mb) they installed a Pirelli router, and i had a huge load of PING on online games and servers, and i thought what the hell..better internet, same ISP, cant be the internet line's fault. so tested with my older router, a D-Link, and ping came back to normal :)

Patch you are right with the router. It's a crummy ISP provided one so that wouldn't be helping with my ping. I'm getting a new, proper one in a week or so.

Not really sure why it picked up the Adelaide server which as you said is millions of miles away. It should have picked up one that is about 150 I'm guessing. Oh well :p