We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that Codemasters and Asobo Studios were bragging about a new technology they used for Fuel. It's a game that has over 14.000 km², but because of that new technology of generating the gameworld and its regions (seamless transitions, no loadingtimes), they were able to prevent the game being released on a thousand dvd's (not literally, but you know, many). And is that a lot, over 14.000km²? Yes. On the straight highway that goes from east to west, uninterrupted, it takes a few hours, at a speed of just over 200 km/h (fastes vehicle except the unusable dragster).

So who knows Eden might have used it, or have their own way to prevent TDU2 ending up on too many dvd's.

I think it's be possible to have the game on one DVD for the Xbox.

TDU1 was only 3.4GB on the xbox 360 and that included everything. So they is plenty of room to add a second smaller island and new cars.

You also need to remember that TDU was made 4 years ago now and that they can more than likely compress TDU2 more than they could with TDU1.

But we'll soon see if that's the case or not.

I belive some people here realy dont get it,the trailer was made pretty bad..even they dont like it..it realy put the game in a bad situation..specialy for those who expected great graphics like me.

But like many magazines and fabian the french guy..who was at the demo. They sayd that the graphis,reflection textures..and handling of cars...shown in the demo..where more than great..they where stagering..so i tend to belive them..hopefully the 2nd trailer will be better.

Sorry for bad enghlish..still learning.

Also expanding on the above post, the video will have been compressed from the original source and you can see that as the quality of the video is quite low, even the HD one is.

That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the game.

New preview from Destructoid- http://www.destructoid.com/clubs-cars-and-shopping-with-test-drive-unlimited-2-172561.phtml

"Oh boy, some of the cars in here are stunners. Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Charger SRT8, Aston Martin DBS, Ford Mustang GT, Koenigsegg CCXR Edition and the Audi TT RS Roadster are all some of the early machines shown to me, and even the god-level Gumpet Apollo Sport will make an appearance. "

Higher detail mesh, better 3d effect of the road's unevenness, but then...

uh ow, the wheels... Are they going to give all cars 4 identical wheels instead of deeper ones at the rear?? And what's happening to the wheels when they get blurred? It's like a 2-dimensional flat disc is put inplace...

Well, everything besides the car itself. Graphical details, reflections, lighting is not perfect but far more natural than before, textures, especially road tarmac and curbs are better.

Going too far with visuals would punish the players with a bit older specs and I think that would be a overall flaw.

I hope we still get deep rims!

Same here. I reckon what is in that trailer is fairly early footage that has not been able to be shown until now due to licensing issues. I mean the woman in the interview even said it would look amazing and I wouldn't class what was in that trailer as spectacular, really. ;)

I think what people need to remember is it's the first trailer, so yes even though the devs were not too keen on this one going out it is a good trailer and the improvements in future trailers will be easy to spot.

I just hope Atari listen to Eden rather than the suits.

I think what people need to remember is it's the first trailer, so yes even though the devs were not too keen on this one going out it is a good trailer and the improvements in future trailers will be easy to spot.

Where did Devs say they didn't want it to go out?

Of course.

If you compare TDU1 first trailer with TDU2 first trailer, you will see the differences. ( i dont know if you guys have understood, I mean TDU1 first trailer was all fake, maybe only the cars and nothing else, but TDU2 first trailer all the things we saw are real and we will see that in game.)