We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno what the R stands for, it is used in the car though:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Gumpert-Apollo-Sport-Interior-1024x768.jpg

Perhaps a race-button, as the other side has a hornbutton. Funny though that the orange Apollo doesn't have that, instead it has an empty round thing there, and no horn button on the other side. Means either they mixed up a few versions, or we shouldn't take the orange literally for the version of the car.

woo wooo!

As far as i could see i couldnt spot any off road racing

Audi, on the dirt track next to the ocean near the end?

I'm liking the trailer btw, :D i would have liked to see more cars in it though :/

:excited:

And the smoke of the Ford GT is the same as in TDU1 xD

Are you joking? I have never seen exhaust-fx while driving.

I have just tested it again. (highest settings)

If I remember correctly, some people have even asked for such a mod for TDU1.

Because you can only see the exhaust-fx during engine-start.

I'm confused ... maybe it's too late

Been watching it again (who hasn't?), and I noticed something.

WHY I HATE THE XBOX 360: REASON #143

So, is this what we have to put up with? Because the xBox is five years old, WE, the up-to-date PC users, have to deal with their horrid standards. Just look at all the low-res textures, the simple smoke, the basic lighting, the basic car movement, the basic environment.

Why should a game be built from the start to feature five-year-old graphics? Why not make the game the best it can be first, and, for lack of a better word, "de-tune" it later on? Just look at it:

Our TDU1, with only the nVidia control panel and our up-to-date graphics cards, looks better than that! It looks like... like... the the PS2 version of TDU!

EDIT: Alternate rant - "Check TDU2.com for updates" they say in the trailer. But, um, they haven't even posted that trailer on their site yet.

-Leadfoot

;308184']Been watching it again (who hasn't?), and I noticed something.

So, is this what we have to put up with? Because the xBox is five years old, WE, the up-to-date PC users, have to deal with their horrid standards. Just look at all the low-res textures, the simple smoke, the basic lighting, the basic car movement, the basic environment.

Why should a game be built from the start to feature five-year-old graphics? Why not make the game the best it can be first, and, for lack of a better word, "de-tune" it later on? Just look at it:

Our TDU1, with only the nVidia control panel and our up-to-date graphics cards, looks better than that! It looks like... like... the the PS2 version of TDU!

EDIT: Alternate rant - "Check TDU2.com for updates" they say in the trailer. But, um, they haven't even posted that trailer on their site yet.

-Leadfoot

Aww cry me a river. The game isn't out for months yet, and there are plenty of games that manage to look substantially better on PC than they do on console so quit your panicking. You come across as the most horrendous PC nerd in that rant, not a good look.

Don't give PC gamers a bad rep.

;308184']Been watching it again (who hasn't?), and I noticed something.

-Leadfoot

Aww cry me a river. The game isn't out for months yet, and there are plenty of games that manage to look substantially better on PC than they do on console so quit your panicking. You come across as the most horrendous PC nerd in that rant, not a good look.

Don't give PC gamers a bad rep.

I really have to agree with Tom here. As much as yeah, it would be nice for the game to look good, however it doesn't need to have the graphics equivilent to bloody Crysis and it's already been mentioned in the article I scanned in. And I quote...

On its left: a road to realism, where Crysis-style visuals could meet a narrower, more conventional racer. On its right: MMO country, where behind the humble looks lives a world of opportunities. The sequel takes the latter - the right road

Also if it looked like that, hardly anybody would be able to run it as I can tell you right now, Crysis is poorly optimised and not designed for the average gamer.

Oh and being a PC Gamer myself as I will admit, I prefer it to the consoles, I can tell you right now that there are various PC Games ported from Xbox 360 games so don't even tell me that the 360 lets it all down, because in actual fact it doesn't. I mean, take a look at Mirrors Edge for example. I didn't really like the graphics on the Xbox so I went and bought it on the PC later on and...Wow...I have to say I was blown away and that was a game ported from the Xbox. Don't pack your bags yet. ;)

I will ignore the fact that the first two rather... determined replies of my above post are 360 users. And, Queen, in response to your final remark, I am by no means abandoning my hopes of TDU2. I would have pre-ordered it already if I wasn't holding out for pre-order deals later on. :) And I won't start with you on Crysis (which I have a great deal of experience with thanks to the filmmaking capacity of CryEngine2 and Sandbox2), because that's a discussion for a different forum.

Fair enough, I understand about the increases in appearance quality increases as ports from consoles to PC, but it's worrying to see something with the low quality of some of those shots.

And I suppose I was mainly a bit disgruntled by the obvious console controller use featured in the trailer (and the really bad driver who was weaving all over the road). :cheeky:

EDIT:

That's refreshing. :) Thanks for posting.

-Leadfoot