We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article on TDU2.fr is awesome. Win for the manual roofoperation, barrelrolls and dynamic traffic.

We spend a Mercedes for a nice big SUV.

Does that confirm a Merc SUV, or are they using it to describe the SUV they buy is very expensive?...

Giggity-Giggity-Epic Yeh!:excited:

The town looks more townlike if that makes sense! But it's maybe the Mediterranean feel! Also, on 0:45 in the video....i'll be able to have this if Caterham are in the game!:D

*Edit* Just wahtched it again.....the background here looks a bit like an nevada desert, don't yous think? or is it just me?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/untitled.jpg

*and i know that Ibiza and O'ahu are the places, although i cant see any of them beeing like that!

Does that confirm a Merc SUV, or are they using it to describe the SUV they buy is very expensive?...

They tested a Mercedes SUV offroad - it got gradually covered in dust that was washed away by rain later...

For now, Fabien from tdu2.fr can't confirm or talk about any new cars since Eden/Atari are still negotiating with the car manufacturers.

Anyway could you ask Fabien if when an English translation is available if we can post it here, or even post an excerpt and link the rest to his site? Thanks.
I've just told him, we'll send you a link to translated article, and a résumé, eventually.

On the other hand, feel free to ask questions to Fabien @ tdu.fr forum. Of course, he's not allowed to tell everything he saw and heard on that April the 12th, but there may be other elements he forgot to mention in the article. :)

http://www.testdriveunlimited.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=336

SHHWEET TRAILER n FOUND THIS!!

Yes it's true, it's finally here and it kicks the Dogs Balearics!!

Showing everything from the exotic island during a blistering sunny day to the rainy night only being lit up by your headlights, the new TDU2 trailer is available from IGN for all to see and examine and I'm damn well sure that will be happening all over.

youtube version

Links below.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086774p1.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1086776p1.html[/

alternatively visit http://www.ign.com and find it on the frontpage. :D

:bparty:

Thanks to Baldy for identifying the track:

Ellie Goulding - Under the sheets (Jakwob Remix)

09:48

yessssssss finaly.... cant wait, found this on ign.

(SORRY IF ITS UP, i WAS INA HURRY)...plus i couldnt start a thread..??

April 29, 2010- The videogame landscape is filled with racing games. With such a crowded genre, how are developers supposed to create a product that can stand out from the rest while still maintaining a certain familiarity to capture an audience in the first place? The developers at Eden Studios are tackling these challenges in Test Drive Unlimited 2, a "massively open online racer" that combines the online functionality of an MMO with a traditional arcade racer. I recently had the chance to sit down and watch a demonstration of Test Drive Unlimited 2 and I was impressed with the amount of multiplayer options available to players. With a lovely Mediterranean locale and some extremely exotic cars to drive, Test Drive Unlimited 2 has the potential to be the next great multiplayer racer.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is set on the island of Ibiza. The developers at Eden Studios used actual topographic information to design the environment and recreated a number of the island's towns in detail. All the road networks are designed to be as true to life as possible, so players will feel like they're really racing on Ibiza itself. The island has a full day/night cycle (and weather effects!) which spans approximately two hours, so players will be driving their cars of choice through rainy nights and brilliant sunsets.

But like the first Test Drive Unlimited, this sequel isn't just about racing. Test Drive Unlimited 2 is designed to celebrate a luxury lifestyle in a number of ways, from expensive cars to lavish homes. The game tells a "rags to riches" story, so players will be earning money to purchase new items, be it clothing or new cars. It's great to see a racing game that pays attention to elements outside of traditional races, as a lot of care has gone into designing the game's interior environments. These environments are feasible because Test Drive Unlimited 2 allows players to walk around the game world with their avatar in first-person. More importantly, almost any location in-game is also a location where other players can meet up and socialize. This multiplayer functionality is an absolutely crucial part of the Test Drive Unlimited 2 formula. Players can walk around each other's homes and even peruse car dealerships together. A full set of emotes has been built into Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the game will obviously support voice chat for those with headsets available. I was impressed that players shopping for new cars will even be able to climb inside a potential purchase with another player in the passenger seat. Friends can discuss the interior and admire the intricate detail Eden Studios put into rendering the leather stitching, dash boards, and the countless dials that come with cars of high class.

Although the obvious appeal of Test Drive Unlimited 2 will come from racing against the competition, you'll be able to invite other players into your car for joy rides, which sounds like a fantastic feature if you want someone to give you directions to a particularly charming spot or good road to race on. Little touches like these definitely enhance the game's multiplayer support. If you're interested in plain ol' racing, there's also plenty of that to do in this game. Players can create their own challenges and put up personal funds as the reward for completion, or they can bet on races and instantly challenge another player in the area. Of course, this multiplayer support is made even more robust with the return of racing clubs, which was a feature in the previous game. Adrenaline junkies will be able to form clubs and purchase swank club houses to meet in which even come with their own exclusive club cars. Rival clubs will be able to participate in club challenges or clubs can compete internally to see who's the best and brightest driver of the group.

All these online mechanics would be great on their own, but there's a full suite of options for those more interested in their own car collection. Players will be able to tweak their rides with custom paint jobs, decals, rims and more, and they also have full creative control over their avatar's appearance. Remember, Test Drive Unlimited 2 is all about living the luxurious life, so don't be afraid to spend money on that vacation home in Hawaii. Yes, Hawaii returns in Test Drive Unlimited 2. The entire island is fully traversable and has been modified to keep the locale fresh for players that sunk time into the original game. I was amazed that the developers would take the time to build a whole new island and then include a reworked version of the original game world as well. Talk about an ample supply of content...

Unfortunately, the demonstration of Test Drive Unlimited 2 was entirely hands-off, so I couldn't play. But from the looks of things, the game was already running smoothly (even in its early state) and the car models were slick. My only concern was the actual handling of the cars, because they looked to be a little stiff when the developers were playing. There's no way for me to know for sure, of course, so I'll just have to reserve my judgment for when I can play the game for myself. It's worth noting that the demonstration ended with a hot tub party on a massive yacht. Amazingly, one of the homes players will be able to purchase is an actual yacht that cars can drive onto and take elevators up to the deck. As the camera pulled back to reveal the setting sun, the Eden Studios representative presenting the game concluded with my favorite sizzler line of all: "with Test Drive, the possibilities are Unlimited... 2." Epic win! Test Drive Unlimited 2 is scheduled to launch this fall for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. And according to the developers, there's plenty more to come.

*Edit* Just wahtched it again.....the background here looks a bit like an nevada desert, don't yous think? or is it just me?

yes i also noticed that it looks like nevada or something, that is one of my favourite parts of the trailer really nice its almost like a realistic render and the shining sun effect is very cool and pretty realistic i like it

Players will be able to tweak their rides with custom paint jobs, decals, rims and more, and they also have full creative control over their avatar's appearance.

LOVELY! :D

By the way... this trailer is an Alpha of the game or Beta...

So, we can expect better detailed things ^^

I dont think this has been mentioned yet.

the DBS at 59 seconds is sporting different wheels than it was earlier in the clip, at least by my eyes it is. they appear to be just a different set of optional factory wheels though so nothing to exciting for all you who want huge mods. personally i am glad to see its just factory.

i know it can be argued that its just because they are moving, and thats quite possible, but i noticed that the shot of the wheels moving at 29 seconds still looks different compared to at 59 seconds. but again its a crappy angle so my eyes may be messing with me.

also, either this garage is under the ocean or it has one hell of a fish tank. im going with the latter.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

also cobblestone streets for the win!

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Amazing, good song choice, (for anyone wondering it's Ellie Goulding - Under the sheets - Jakwob Remix) and watching the roof come up on the Audi when it started raining :drool:

Off road looks fun, really getting excited now! :D

I'm glad they used that song! I absolutely love it! It's kinda funny but I was cruising to that song yesterday on TDU. :) Starry Eyed remix is good too. :thumbsup:

also' date=' either this garage is under the ocean or it has one hell of a fish tank. im going with the latter.[/quote']

Yeah, I can't wait to walk around my garage and walk up to that bad boy!