We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

;308200']I will ignore the fact that the first two rather... determined replies of my above post are 360 users.

See that's your problem, we're not mental or out to "hate" on your platform.

You see if you'd ever used a 360 for more than 10 minutes (which clearly you have not) you'd know that the visuals shown in that trailer are well within it's remit. What you see there is not the 360 working flat out in any way. Sure next to your NASA spec PC the 360 is majorly weak but in this instance at least it is not holding the PC back. TDU has never been about cutting edge visuals.

Consoles aren't holding you back, Leadfoot. Lazy, cheap developers are doing that.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I can't give this news the thread it deserves.. >_> I'll be posting this little tidbit I found here in this existing thread until it gets it's own thread.

Eden Games Senior Producer Nour Polloni details the open world of Test Drive Unlimited 2 where you can meet and challenge other racers in exotic locations.

An interesting 5 minute long interview with Eden's Senior Producer regarding... TDU2! :D

Source

1280x720p Youtube Mirror Upload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8F87Pj-7nI

Enjoy! ^_^

Edit: I am aware of the timing glitch in the Youtube Version, and am working on a fix. :)

Re-Edit: Timing Error Fixed! :D

So we can go between O'ahu and Ibiza via yacht or plane, nice.

Maybe the boat is instrumental in shipping cars between the two islands, although I sort-of doubt it. Then again, before purchasing the yacht, maybe you do have to buy cars twice at each island, or maybe each island only sells some of the cars at various dealers, and not all???

I like how the guy talks about the fantastic graphics, car details, and sense of speed (in an Audi TT) as well. Any previous doubts are now settled.

See that's your problem, we're not mental or out to "hate" on your platform.

You see if you'd ever used a 360 for more than 10 minutes (which clearly you have not) you'd know that the visuals shown in that trailer are well within it's remit. What you see there is not the 360 working flat out in any way. Sure next to your NASA spec PC the 360 is majorly weak but in this instance at least it is not holding the PC back. TDU has never been about cutting edge visuals.

Consoles aren't holding you back, Leadfoot. Lazy, cheap developers are doing that.

1.) You're still worried about that? Okay, then...

2.) I own a PS3, and I am aware that it and the 360 are basically the same thing, and I have played games like MGS, GT5P, etc., so I know the graphics potential.

3.) The lazy developers thing was my main point in my original post because they make games to the lowest acceptable specs (consoles).

But let's forget this, shall we? :)

An interesting 5 minute long interview with Eden's Senior Producer regarding... TDU2!

Nice find! Yes, it's probably same info, but I think it deserves to be added to the first page. :)

i was once told in order to make money you will have to spend money well that's not the case here.We have all been waiting for this trailer for basically 4 years and to be honest i am happy that it's finally here but also disappointed reasons why looks cartoonish to me. I would have thought more like forza car models than a upscale version of grand theft auto type of car models but whatever's the cheapest way i guess will due in there behalf. I truly mean no disrespect by this in anyway i am just being honest and i know that my self waited to long for this so i will lash out for the looks of this trailer i will predict the furture here we go:

Verry glitchie

some cars may not be completely accurate judging by that pic of the dodge charger.

Tdu 1 will be hard to top.

and their you have it monstros predictions are over thank you come again:eek:

Wow, we are 6 months before the release, the game is not finished yet. I hate when people says " Ah, it's going to be a crappy game, I waited so long for nothing."

You guys can't judge this game before it's released.

Just wait for the release, and after the release say how "bad" it is.

And how can you be disappointed because of a trailer that came out 6 MONTHS BEFORE THE RELEASE AND THE GAME IS NOT EVEN FINISHED?

Go watch TDU1 Trailer, it's "cartoonish" too, isn't it? look at the graphics in the game today.

And she's hot too...:D

are you serious? no way haha

Maybe we'll be able to shoot them through the window? :cool:

hahaha i dont think theyre gonna take it to the style of gta that much

BTW does anyone here know whether if there will be a combo ability (gaining points/money) to do stunts when the player is driving (free roaming) ?:confused:

Can somebody write in points all, what about they were speaking in those interviews ?! Please, I can't understand that accent.

I can do better than that, here is a complete transcript (minus the grunts and incorrect grammar):

Test Drive Unlimited is about an open world where you can meet and challenge online players, either through user-generated or predetermined challenges. The objective is to earn money to acquire the most beautiful and desirable cars in the world. In Test Drive Unlimited 2, we've really capatalized on this basis, extended the core features, and added new elements to really expand that car experience in a luxury lifestyle universe.

Concerning the new island we've implemented in Test Drive Unlimited 2, we wanted something different from Hawaii, a bit more warmer, Meditteranean island. We've implemented Ibiza. It's about 380 square kilometers, 930 kilometers of roads, we've got different landscapes, you've got small villages, fields, forests, and deserts, and what's really typical is the historical buildings and narrow roads, so it'll really be a completely different experience for players to discover.

You'll be able to go to Hawaii using the Ibiza airport after you have levelled up in your global advancement. The idea is that with Hawaii, we wanted players to really rediscover Hawaii in a new light. In Test Drive Unlimited 2, we wanted to include elements from the community feedback, so a lot of these elements for example have been the weather conditions or the day/night cycle. We've also implemented new elements of following the players behaviours, like for example, a lot of players just love to cruise around on the island, so we've implemented a way to reward players just for cruising around, or for example we've noticed that players just love to get off the ashphalt road and just explore the environment. Well, we've added new all-terrain vehicles as well as specific offroad networks to really incite players to push that offroad aspect.

We have integrated a new game progression, where now you will be able to progress through 4 different means, either through your collection aspects, your competitions elements, the discovery aspects, or through the social network that you can do.

Test Drive Unlimited was the first game to be what we classified as the 'MOOR' experience, the Massive Multiplayer Online Racing game, and in this version, we really pushed that aspect and extended it even to a higher level. What we did was really push the aspect of the open world (persistant world), needed also reworked in terms of the connections between the players, so that now players, when they meet up they can always stay linked together throughout the game world. We've added new game modes that are linked to a new online gameplay which is the co-operative experience. We've also pushed the customization possibilities for players to really be able to have a unique identity in the online world. You will be able to customize your character as well, you will have a possibility to change their clothing, change their hair, shoes, even the facial composition, so customization is one of the key elements we want to have in the game.

One of the co-operative experiences we have in the game is that you can meet up with your friend inside your car, so 2 people team up inside the same car and your co-pilot can send you directions to follow, either through direction icons or through voice chat, and this co-operative mode, we call it the co-operative passenger mode.

Concerning the other game modes, like cops like in the first one, we'll be keeping that to be revealed later on - we have some really nice stuff with cops in the game.

The clubs are for players to be able to regroup together towards a common goal, like the principles of clans in MMOs. You'll be able to create a club or join a club, so when you create your club, you can invite your friends or other online players you met to join the club, and between club members you can either compete in challenges between each other to have fun or compete in inter-club challenges with clubs of the same level in order to win points and money. With these points and money, you will be able to attain your goal of making your club progress and earn recognition of your teams' skills - and that's not the only thing we have in the clubs. When you progress your clubs to the first level, you will actually be able to have a more luxurious setting, you can invite more club members to come in, but most importantly you'll have access to a car garage where you will have access to very exclusive racing cars that are only available in clubs.