We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modelling goofup. (to EDEN)

HI EDEN MODELLERS

You've modelled the "lamp post arches" upside down! ;)

And the "sun roofs" also looks strange.

Not to be picky.. but maybe these could be adjusted before release.. no?

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

How on earth did you manage to spot that one? Lol

I don't think it's something that actually needs fixing though as it won't have a negative impact on the look or feel of the game. Unless you plan on stopping and watching the lampposts for a while.

Good spotted. The streetlights could've been corrected I agree, but the other thing (what ever it is, top left) I think is designed like that so we aren't going to crash into it so easily. It looks like the dimension is slightly off tho.

How on earth did you manage to spot that one? Lol

That's what I thought too lol.

Well anyway, nice find! I'm sure they probably did some of these wrong for a reason, like that curvy roof thing. But the lights, I don't know.

Edit : Btw, you know they mapped Ibiza from satellites right? I don't know if they did it only from bird's eye view or from the ground as well, but errors are bound to show up. Well...maybe.

That's what I thought too lol.

Well anyway, nice find! I'm sure they probably did some of these wrong for a reason, like that curvy roof thing. But the lights, I don't know.

Edit : Btw, you know they mapped Ibiza from satellites right? I don't know if they did it only from bird's eye view or from the ground as well, but errors are bound to show up. Well...maybe.

I'm sure they took (or are taking) massive amounts of photos on location too.

And there could also be non-technical reasons to the mishaps.. let's not go into that. =)

Wow I knew buildings and such cost money to replicate but street lights also, that's crazy! Then again some company/architect has created them for that stretch so it makes sense when you think about it.

Not crazy at all. Those street lamps look specially designed so they could be someone's intellectual property. Lot of money is involved into the lighting design these days.

This is done on purpose! You need to pay rights for almost everything, because of that, the artists adds small differences in the reproduction. Of course, this is not the case for the cars :)

May be, but in that case I think they could have done it less obvious, so maybe not.

(Hopefully we won't see bigger upside down architecture). ;D

May be, may be not.

I mean it's not far of to things like staircase bannisters or outdoor flower pots. Or are they licensed too. :confused: :)

There is no "maybe not". I gave the answer that our artistic director told to me when i have forwarded to him the picture in the first post.