We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eurogamer.net Podcast #20 with Lee Kirton

HOAX

The Podcast has now been released.

Lee Kirton talks about TDU2 and TDUC from 23m 22s.

PS: There are more TDU2 talk from 46m 44s as well

Highlights:

- Story: Its a story this time.

- Vehicle/Yacht: You can put your vehicle in the yacht. The yacht has an spesific kind of hightech garage.

- Buildings: Sticker shops.

- Customizing: Very Forza-like customizing.

- Races: Create races and price them. The creator takes a split revenue from everyone who enters the race.

- TDU Central: Lee Kirton Says hi!

- Platforms: No PSP version in production.

- Vehicle physics: Lee Kirton: "It's a lot more like moviestyle. It's more like Arcadie, but it still not taking away that it's real cars".

- Bikes: Bike-packs for DLC not long after release.

- Opinion: Lee Kirton: "I'm a fan of Forca and espesially Grid. When it comes to comparison, TDU2 sit on it's own".

- MAP: You can scan for your friends and you can invite people to your location.

- Hints: "We got plans on how we are going to get people to testing" (probably beta)

- Other: "It takes a month to build a car".

- Vehicle physics - You can press a button to take the roof down (convertible roof).

- Weather: Puddles can get build up by rain (sorry in case of misspelling).

- Vehicles - 4x4

- Release date: Will be announced next week. The Podcast was recorded on Sunday so that means TDU2 release date will be announced this week ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ups!... fixed :D

@2010rrsupercharged - Ofcourse... I should've known it was the Q7 lol... Thanks for the clarification :)

Release = 21 september from what i've read.

Thanx though!

Well it's not yet announced but sure, it could well be 21 september. We will see.

The puddle build-up sounds good, I've never seen that in a game before.

I did get scared a bit that one car takes a month to build, I thought people did this faster if they work on them 8 hours a day. Then again, is it just the modelling, or also specs overviews, soundprogramming etc...

The puddle build-up sounds good, I've never seen that in a game before.

I did get scared a bit that one car takes a month to build, I thought people did this faster if they work on them 8 hours a day. Then again, is it just the modelling, or also specs overviews, soundprogramming etc...

I thought exactly the same about the puddles. Kinda cool :)

It takes longer to create a car from scratch than converting cars. It is also more detailed as he said because you can now view the whole inside of the car and each car is probably created with more polygons. I don't think he mention that it takes a month to create a car without a reason. It's to get impressed by I guess :)

Thanks a lot for making it with "Highlights" I love this part

- Other: "It takes a month to build a car".

- Vehicle physics - You can press a button to take the roof down (convertible roof).

- Weather: Puddles can get build up by rain (sorry in case of misspelling).

- Vehicles - 4x4

- Release date: Will be announced next week. The Podcast was recorded on Sunday so that means TDU2 release date will be announced this week

Nissan was mentioned in passing in an interview in text. I wouldn't really say it was that 'official' if you get me though?

This however has been said straight from Lee, so I feel I can add it with a proper source now

I think you can safely add it. To me it's an official statement. For everyone else it has been an trusted statement all the time with the previous info's as long as the words comes from officials or connected. Nothing so far has been wrongly stated as far as I know.

By forca,don't you mean forza?Also,I think you mean't puddles,instead of pottles.Other then that good read,can wait till they annonce the realease date next week

Edit:At 54:18s he says that you can buy Q7s,as in the Audi Q7,which is something we already know

Q7's... could be wrong here but why would he use plural? Will there be several Q7 engines available?

EDIT: Another Mercedes has been mentioned. One with a roof that clips out of the back into shape at around 53:08.

But that won't be enough for the unofficial carlist as Merc has/had many convertible cars.

Q7's... could be wrong here but why would he use plural? Will there be several Q7 engines available?

EDIT: Another Mercedes has been mentioned. One with a roof that clips out of the back into shape at around 53:08.

But that won't be enough for the unofficial carlist as Merc has/had many convertible cars.

Actually I don't think he mean't that their would be more the one type of q7.Plurals used in this way don't really imply that their is different kinds of the same thing,but instead imply that their is a number of the same thing.