We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

Just tried out IP for the first time today - and it is nothing short of fantastic. The only issue I've had is that the map textures go missing for the section that I'm in, which means that both the GPS and large map show black for the land when zoomed in at a certain level. The water is still blue, and you can still see trees over the black. I tried installing the Autumn addon but that didn't change anything. Am I missing a patch or something? Thanks.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard about this mod last night (yeah, I live in a cocoon!), loaded up the Lite version and it is very nice! The road textures make it look so much more realistic. Can't say I care for changing the big-leafed plants (we thought they were over-size pineapple plants) from green to pink, but that's just a small quibble.

Any thought about adding name marquees to places and buildings, ala (dare I say it?) NFS? TDU is a pretty sterile world without people, but places or businesses with no names or marquees (like the zoo, Waikiki Beach, Aloha Tower, Pali Lookout, Barber Point Beach, etc.) makes it look... dead!

Good mod. Great work. Congratulations!

--------------------------------

EDIT:

Am I to understand that if I remove the Roadpatch.bnk file, the black squares in the road will go away?

@Ryzza5

Yea, that feature is reported as bug countless of times already. :D Long story short, uninstall IP and install Lite Version instead.

@SlashtheTexan

It's never too late. :p

Thanks for the suggestiongs, but unfortunately I'm taking a break from TDU modding (as I already wrote in my post - Goodbye TDU… hello TDU2!), so there won't be any IP updates anytime soon. TDU2 is just around the corner, and most of players are going to migrate to Ibiza anyways. :D

You can expect IP for TDU2 in near future since I got a lot of photo realistic textures I've been savin' for it. I'm quite sure that default cartoonish ones are going to get boring pretty soon. :p

You are correct, you can remove RoadPatch to get rid of black patches.

Have fun! ;)

Am I to understand that if I remove the Roadpatch.bnk file, the black squares in the road will go away?

If you delete files the installer will freak out looking for the missing files when it does its un-install and install functions. What you do is to get rid of the black patch is REPLACE the Island Paradise Roadpatch.bnk with the original Roadpatch.bnk from your details folder backup.

The Island Paradise mod affects these folders:

Details

FX

Levels

Back them up BEFORE you install the Island Paradise patch ... just as a safety precaution. That way you can restore your installation manually if the de-install function is not working. I had a run-time error on one of my computers. It appears that I didn't have the correct Net.framework version installed. I fixed it but I was sure grateful to have my manual backup.

In fact, if you are doing any sort of modding be sure you have a back up of your entire original Euro folder somewhere.

Cool, NP.

Also, I'm not sure that a really great number of people are going to be migrating to TDU2, at least not those on PCs. It looks like TDU2 is going to be another arcade-y console game. I sure don't plan on moving to TDU2 any time soon, and I've been waiting years for it. I'll wait to see how things shake out after release. Thanks to iLLusion, I'll have TDU1 in new-found splendor to bide my time with while atari scrambles to recoup the PC players $$ (... or not!).

I'll swap the roadpatch.bnk file with my backup and do some cruising (gotta do it now - F1 2007 race at Salzburgring on my server later tonight!!).

i have a problem like this ;

and this minimap ;

[url=http://www.xfire.com/profile/sserhat1712/screenshots/?view#109016116

i set the AF=16x

what can i do?

Uninstall the full version and use the lite version. Your maps should go back to normal. I ran into similar issues with the full version.

Uninstall the full version and use the lite version. Your maps should go back to normal. I ran into similar issues with the full version.

those are not issues, that's normal in full version.

iLLusion was inspired by GPS from TDU2 and made GPS in FULL version to look the same as GPS from TDU2, for me it's very nice. . .

as always good job from him :)

Exactly DUKE92, thanks for explaining that to them. I'll have to +rep you for that. ;)

Obviously, I need to repost this once again. :p

About that TDU2 map thingy... I'm really gettin' tired hearing same questions over and over again. Seriously, this is the last time I'm writin' a reply to it, and I'm going to ignore them from now on, either you like it or not. :D

No matter how hard I try, random people will drop in here and moan about the black map. Don't forget to read included info file for more informations. is written just under download links. When you start installation of IP, you can see the same thing - Don't forget to read included info file for more informations. Then how come every one of them fails to check that info file and actually take some time to read it? Cause if they did, not only would they get to know about this project a bit more, but they would also found an answer to many questions they may have. Yes, that includes black map aka TDU2 inspired map. It's a feature, it's not a bug... for gazilionth time. I really gave my best to explain almost everything about it in a great detail, I even provided links to YouTube so that you can see it in action and make a choice between Full and Lite Edition before you go ahead with the installation of Island Paradise.

I've tried to be tolerant for couple of months, patiently wrote black map related answers numerous of times, but what's enough is enough. I've spent 7-8 months, hundreds and hundreds hours of my own free time working hard on IP, and you can't spend 5 minutes of your life to read one info file? That's just lame. :nnnn:

And then comes Pontiac asking what to do? Read the damn INFO, is the answer. :D

@SlashtheTexan

TDU2 ain't exactly what we expected and hoped for, but the list of improvements is more than enough to switch our cruising, and future modding activities there. I just can't wait to get my hands on TDU2. :)

@Rumpeballer

Read few post above, VanquishHH had similar issue. In order for uninstall thingy to work, installation process has to go without any errors, so please make sure everything is okay. You can check that by reading patch.txt

C'mon Pontiac, I've just gave an answer to that question. :p

Read few post above, VanquishHH had similar issue. In order for uninstall thingy to work, installation process has to go without any errors, so please make sure everything is okay. You can check that by reading patch.txt

Is there a way to turn down the fog? It's like pea soup - no. Pea soup should be this thick! It's a little too much like when I got caught in a snow blizzard in the north (Ohio, I think). Now, we don't get such things in my part of Texas or here in Florida, so it's not something I care to relive.

Nice mod, though. I know every inch of TDU Oahu, and there were a few instances when I had to double-check my location, it looked so different!

i have a problem like this ;

[pic]

and this minimap ;

[pic]

i set the AF=16x

what can i do?

a%3E

agh, lots of people beat me to it.

Btw, iLLusion, are we going to see the multiple-lane roads updated? (match the colour tone of the single-way roads & give it those TDU2 effects etc.) :D

@SlashtheTexan

Go to your FX folder and open WeatherDesc.ini with Wordpad/Notepad. Now just delete these lines:

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB1" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB3" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_TB4" ""

Personally, I like fog because you can't have a proper autumn without it. But oh well, we all got different preferences. :p

@Ahautcar

Those questions are already answered on a previous page. :D

Damn, I've totally forgot about that. :o Sorry. :)

EDIT:

In error log you've sent me, I can notice the issue.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Exception spotted: Unable to replace packed file: D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Instruction #76 ended with error.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Patch halted because of an error.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - No collected messages.

But, when I open uninstall.pch, everything looks in order.

<parameter name="bnkFile" value="#bnkFrontEndHiResPath#\LOG_IN.bnk" />

<parameter name="newFile" value="fla_0013.2db" />

</instruction>

<instruction type="uninstallPackedFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Required">

So I really don't know what could go wrong, I'm terribly sorry. :(

pink and white back to green.

I really love this mod. I mean ... I REALLY LOVE THIS MOD!!! It's simply awesome, I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work. Friends who have seen this mod while watching us drive (2 computers on LAN) have commented on the exceptional quality of

this patch.

I am using the "Lite" version.

I am wanting to replace the Pink Bananas (Ensete Palms) and the White Fan Palms (Bismarckia) with the stock TDU versions. I love the replacement palms but I just need a change for a while.

What are the files? I Have tried replacing the v_ban_h-i.2db, v_banp.2db and v_plm_01.2db with backups in the CommonWorld.bnk file but it is (obviously) not the right way to do it as TDU will crash.

Thanks again

I'm really glad to hear that your TDU is much more enjoyable with IP. That means my mission was completed succesfully, and all those hours that went into making it are paying off. ;)

Don't want those two? Okay, I've made a patch that restores them couple of minutes ago. Here you go: Download Remove Ensete Palms & Bismarckia.rar

I've tested it and everything works fine, so you shouldn't get any problems.

Bye and thanks once again. ;)

Damn, I've totally forgot about that. :o Sorry. :)

EDIT:

In error log you've sent me, I can notice the issue.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Exception spotted: Unable to replace packed file: D:\Eden-Prog\Games\TestDrive\Resources\4Build\PC\EURO\FrontEnd\LOG_IN\.2db\fla_0013

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Instruction #76 ended with error.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - Patch halted because of an error.

> 13.12.2010 15:56:38 - No collected messages.

But, when I open uninstall.pch, everything looks in order.

<parameter name="bnkFile" value="#bnkFrontEndHiResPath#\LOG_IN.bnk" />

<parameter name="newFile" value="fla_0013.2db" />

</instruction>

<instruction type="uninstallPackedFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Required">

So I really don't know what could go wrong, I'm terribly sorry. :(

Detailed error information might be in the other log file: ModAndPlayDebug.log. I can have a look to it if you need :)

@humgoo

;)

@Djey

Thanks for help. :)

From what Aston007 told me, he is unable to uninstall v0.9.3 due to that error, and installing v0.9.5 doesn't seems to change anything, so he's still stuck with an old version. Frankly, it's a bit odd that he can install v0.9.5 without any errors, while ingame he can't notice any changes have been made.

---

Anyway, Aston if you are still interested, you've heard Djey. :) Post your ModAndPlayDebug.log in order for us to provide you with further assistance.